PDA

View Full Version : Sport Beans on Sale- SWEEET!

Aggie_Ama
06-13-2006, 04:46 PM
I followed the wonderful suggestion on here and stopped in Walgreens to look for Sport Beans on my lunch break. They have them on sale all month for$.67. I wanted to do a happy dance in the store. I found the beans and I had them cheaper than the $1 a bag I would spend at the local candy store. Even if it is just $.33 I love saving money. :D

I even took a couple bags to my co-worker, I had told him about them last week and decided to share the love of beans.

Nanci
06-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Will be there tomorrow!!

pikato
06-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Damn, I need a heating pad & reading that is making me get dressed to go get one from Walgreens !!!:p

Fuji Girl
06-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Oooo...I am going there tomorrow! Thanks for the tip!

Tiffanie
06-13-2006, 07:19 PM
I have to make a run there tonight. Guess I'll have to try the sport beans!! :D

Aggie_Ama
06-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Pikato- I am sure the price is the same in South Texas.

Everyone else- I hope they don't use regional pricing! The sign said the price ran through 6/29. My local stores only had the sale tag on the Lemon Lime, but the Orange rang up on sale.

The only thing that stinks is Walgreens here only carries Orange and Lemon Lime. I want to try the other flavors. I may just have to break down and spend $1.35 at the LBS to try them, then order from Jelly Belly.

ladyjai
06-13-2006, 08:09 PM
i've found them in 2 stores, one had the sale equivalent (3/2$) and the other had them for full price.

Brina
06-19-2006, 06:28 AM
I just found them yesterday and tried them before my spin class. The lemon lime ones, with just a hint of saltiness remind me of a margerita. oh baby.

Nanci
06-19-2006, 08:08 AM
Brina, you know what's really good? The combo! Green lime and red punch!! Except all Walgreens seems to carry is green...

Nanci

DrBee
06-19-2006, 08:52 AM
We only have green and orange here, too. I suggested that they sell the red and blue. We'll see. I pretty much bought them out on the green and orange on sale. Our LBS in Jackson has them for $2 a bag!:eek: I think not! I'd rather buy them online 24 at a time than pay $2!

pikato
06-19-2006, 10:31 AM
I did end up buying them at Walgreens, then over the weekend I went over to LBS & as some sort of promo they were giving away beans for free. So, I bought another water bottle & they gave me a bag of each flavor! SCORE!!

Nanci
06-19-2006, 10:43 AM
That's such a rip off that LBSs all sell them for $2. I'd load up if they were 89 cents, or even a dollar, every time I went in there!

Nanci

DrBee
06-20-2006, 05:12 AM
The combo! Green lime and red punch!!

Nanci

Tried it this morning - tasted like cherry limeade of sorts! Yummy!

Running Mommy
06-20-2006, 08:24 AM
NOW NOW!! Don't get me on a sport bean frenzy!! I LOVE cherry limeade!! I always get the diet cherry limeade at sonic! I'm trying to be good!! ay yi yi!! I should not have opened this thread!! :cool:

Nanci
06-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Denise! You have to stop thinking of them as candy. Sport Beans are a vital source of electrolytes, especially for desert-dwellers!

Nanci

(I've been eating Sharkies as snacks, in the house!!! Bad, bad, bad!!)

DrBee
06-20-2006, 09:39 AM
I have yet to open the blue ones. That'll be Friday.

jeanninep4
06-25-2006, 07:22 AM
I cannot find these at my Walgreens. What department did everyone find them in?

Nanci
06-25-2006, 07:39 AM
Candy department.

NAnci

Selkie
06-26-2006, 02:02 AM
Sounds like the perfect cure for the "Montezuma's revenge" (intestinal flu) that's been plaguing me since Saturday.

DrBee
06-26-2006, 05:41 AM
Doesn't it seem wrong that they have the energy bars/sport beans/etc. in the candy isle???

Lise
06-26-2006, 06:30 AM
Weeellllll....they are basically sugar and salt. Maybe they could switch it up and put the Payday bars in the health food aisle! Am I right, Slinke?! :rolleyes:

DrBee
06-26-2006, 08:34 AM
True enough Lise, however they also have the clif bars, luna bars, etc. in the candy isle. They're sweet, but it feels wrong to go to the candy isle to get a clif bar. Even Wallyworld had them in the "healthfood" section.

Lise
06-26-2006, 07:31 PM
....and every time I read another post about Sport Beans, I stop in at W'greens and buy 6 more packs at 67 cents each! :p What will I do come July 1 when they're 99 cents again? Thanks to whomever first posted the month long sale price! L.

SandyLS
07-01-2006, 04:57 PM
In Michigan Walgreens had them in the candy section for $1.00 a bag. Still cheeper than ordering them from the company and paying shipping. They also had Luna Bars for $1.50. I have no idea what they usually sell for. I'm looking forward to trying the lemon zest and somores flavor I bought. Hubby bought and tried the PayDay Pro bar. He said that he didn't care for the taste of them as much as the regular PayDay candy bars.

Aggie_Ama
07-02-2006, 11:15 AM
They are on sale this week at Target for $.89. :) I think it is until 7/6. They are in the pharmacy area with the Clif bars and such. My target only had orange and lemon lime.

CycleTherapy
07-04-2006, 06:43 AM
Aggie_Ama;
Thanks for the heads-up on Target. Heading out this morning to stock up. About a week-ago, my Walgreen's was selling the Sport Beans @ 3pkgs. for $2.00. I finally got to try the orange ones. :-)

songlady
07-04-2006, 06:54 AM
They were not on sale at my Target :( :( :(

TexasKate
07-21-2006, 01:13 PM
...which is funny because I'd never heard of them until reading posts today. I went out in a shopping frenzy and checked to see what stores carry them here...sadly, only Walgreens (.99/bag and only lime and orange) and my LBS ($1.29/bag but all 4 flavors), but at least I can get them locally! I also got a few Clif and Luna bars to see how I like them. I love Payday bars, and discovered that the regular candy bar is .48 at Wal Mart, but the "pro" Payday is .98!! What's the difference - and those of you who recommended them - did you mean the regular ones or the uber-expensive ones?

I'm going on a 40 mile ride tomorrow as part of my preparation for two upcoming rides - the 65 mile Conquer the Coast (Corpus Christi in September) and my first (fingers crossed) century (Outlaw Trails 100 in Round Rock in October), and I'm looking forward to having these neat things to munch on along the way!

Kate

bcipam
07-21-2006, 01:45 PM
I was told the regular Paydays... the cheap ones are fine and great for long rides.

gcat
07-23-2006, 12:26 PM
These folks have them for $0.89 right now ($0.83 each if you buy a case) and always have them for under a buck -- but you have to add in shipping if you aren't around Palo Alto, CA (you can pick them up from the owner's house in Palo Alto!) Pretty good prices on other stuff too.

http://www.zombierunner.com/store/energy_gels.html

Aggie_Ama
07-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Kate- Where in Texas are you? We are planning to do the Conquer the Coast. DH just loves the coast, so it should be a lot of fun.

The Outlaw was my first century! It is not too hilly, but somewhat windy. It was pretty well supported, although it could have been better. I haven't decided if I will do it this year, I should since it is 8 miles down the road!

Now back to the sport beans talk....

Bikingmomof3
07-25-2006, 06:16 AM
I have never heard of Sport beans and now I am curious. I need to go out today anyway, so I will look for them.

songlady
07-25-2006, 08:09 AM
Nashbar is now offering 24 packs of sport beans for $19.99, only orange and lemon lime. Maybe performance will start carrying them soon as well...

Geonz
07-25-2006, 08:40 AM
I just wish they would sell them in something with a little (okay, alot) less packaging! Bulk food, dudes! I can't bring myself to buy all that litter.

Bikingmomof3
07-25-2006, 02:34 PM
I did manage to find Sport Beans. At my Walgreens they were 89 cents/package and they only carried the green. I asked if they would recieve more flavours and the sales clerk looked as though I spoke a foreign language. I guess I will learn to love the lime flavour. :)

songlady
07-25-2006, 02:44 PM
have you tried Target?

Bikingmomof3
07-25-2006, 06:01 PM
have you tried Target?

No, but I will tomorrow. Thanks for the tip. :)

kerrybelle
07-26-2006, 11:50 AM
I'll have to look for them at Target.

Walgreens is always sold out of them. They do have them online, with free shipping, though. Your purchase has to be $50 and only the lemon lime flavor.

I have the orange ones and we both like them. Of course, I seem to be on an orange kick right now....

Kerry

EBD
08-02-2006, 11:07 AM
At REI you can always get 20% off performance food if you buy 12 or more (you can mix and match). That includes the sport beans, as I discovered this morning when I bought 12 GUs, some Shot Blocks and a packet of sport beans. That comes out to only $.80 a packet!

khgulledge
08-02-2006, 11:40 AM
i bought 4 different flavors from the lbs, thinking they would be the "thing". went on a 52mi ride this past saturday, stopped half way at a store and opened a pack up. thought i was gonna puke at the sweetness :eek: yuck!!!!!

i just don't like sweet stuff to eat or drink on my rides. gatorade is cut to at least half strength and i love lemon-lime HEED cause it doesn't have any sweet taste to it, at least to me.

anyway, gonna give the rest away to cycling buddies.

TexasKate
09-02-2008, 10:25 AM
I found the beans at a local sporting goods store for .89 and they had 4 different flavors plus one called "Extreme Cherry" that has 50mg of caffeine - I love the others but the caffeine ones are NASTY!! I also found that they sell ShotBloks, GU, and other stuff so I'm experimenting with snacks again. My S.O. just shakes her head at me when I come home with yet ANOTHER bag of goodies...and laughs at me as I stand there scratching my head before a ride trying to decide which ones I'm taking with me. Good thing she loves me and is willing to humor me and my obsession! :D