PDA

View Full Version : Five short training rides for ALC 6!

shadon
06-12-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm back! I'm TIRED! It was the most amazing thing I've ever done in my life!

Distance wise the ride was a bust for me....I was not ready, plain 'n simple. So I rode a bit each day generally to rest stop two, sometimes to lunch, sagged in and set up my teams tents. Now I know what I have to work on this year. HILLS.

Never mind the distance not done though. I had the best week! I cheered in riders, I put up the tents for my team (GO TEAM DINO!), I got to see a little bit of how it is that a small town of 2200 people makes it's way down the coast. I met amazing roadies (GO ROADIES!!!!) who gave a week to us to take care of us , feed us, massage our sore muscles, direct traffic on their motorcycles, give us IV fluids; I am awe struck by these folks! So many were people whose children were doing the ride and they came along to help....incredible.

I spent day 4 in the medical tent getting rehydrated...so I've learned that I need to drink even more.

BikerZ came to send us off! Folks from my pet lovers forum on Craigslist came to Santa Cruz and brought us beer (Team Dino loves our beer!), more folks from that list came and had dinner with us saturday night in LA. I met three aquaintences who I had now idea were doing the Ride. What a small little world.

For anyone thinking of doing this....think some more! It's an incredible experience. I'm registered for next year and plan on doing the whole thing! Spinning classes start August 1st!