PDA

View Full Version : Riding for Organ and Tissue Donation

conster
06-12-2006, 11:25 AM
My Five Points of Life Cycling Team will leave Ottawa, Canada Sept. 6 and arrive in Miami, Fla. October 21st. We will be riding 3,000 miles for 7 weeks to complete our quest. Each rider has a connection with at least one of the "Five Points" of life, those being donations of: Whole blood, Apheresis (a particular blood component), Bone Marrow, Blood Cell, Cord blood, Organs and Tissues. We are taking our mission to the road to raise awareness of the need for these life-saving gifts. The team will cross the country, stopping along the way to kick off donor days, hold press conferences, meet with community leaders, schools and hospitals. Each member has been selected from a host of 400 applicants. My personal connection is my son Jesse. He died in an auto accident in 1998. His unselfish donation of organs and tissue saved or enhanced the lives of 60 people. Needless to say, he remains my hero as well as those who received his precious Gifts of Life. Has your life been impacted by any of these donations? Check out our web site. www.firstgiving.com/conniekoch
"When you care enough to give the very best...be an organ donor."