PDA

View Full Version : After ride foods - 120 minutes tonight!

valve
06-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Went 120 minutes tonight. :) Felt great. I didn't want to get off of the bike. I felt like I could go at least another hour (but I didnt go the extra hour)

There must of been some magic in that spaghetti I ate about 2 hours and the banana 30 minutes before the ride.

I feel like I let myself down or dont push myself hard enough if I dont want to quite half way through hills.

What food is suggested to eat after a good solid ride?

Dogmama
06-10-2006, 03:52 AM
Here is what I like:

Chocolate soy milk (or regular milk is good too), a scoop of protein powder and 2 grams of l-glutamine (for muscle repair). If you need fast carbs, you can blend in a banana or have a couple of fig newtons (Newman and Barbara's Bakery make good fig newtons.)

RoadRaven
06-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Chocolate milk for me...

We also have a recovery drink here which my son finds very effective - its Leppin brand... "Endurance Sport" which you mix in to milk... he has it every Sunday when he gets back from his endurance training ride (beteen 90 and 130km)

Pasta based dishes are what we tend to have the evening before and the evening after tough rides...

valve
06-10-2006, 07:38 PM
went for 3 hours tonight. Had "muscle milk" drink and oatmeal afterwards. I am considering some spaghetti.

I had two bowls of spaghetti and a banana before the ride. a banana during the ride. lots and lots and lots of water.

"go like hell"

Nanci
06-12-2006, 08:25 AM
I keep choc milk (or vanilla or strawberry) in a cooler in the car, so there is not reason not to have the perfect recovery food immediately after the ride, which is so important for recovery.

I like Endurox R4 a lot, too.

Nanci