PDA

View Full Version : Payday PRO??

Running Mommy
06-08-2006, 06:36 AM
So it seems the folks at payday have gotten wind that us riders use them as a cheap energy source... I was in well.. let's just say- a "large conglomerate" - the other day and I came across the "payday pro". As near as I can tell they just added protein to it, but I didn't compare the two side by side. Of course they are double the price of an ordinary pay day. When I saw it I had to laugh. It seems everyone wants in on the energy bar game. :rolleyes:

KnottedYet
06-08-2006, 07:00 AM
I saw some of those, too. Didn't buy one because of the price. Somebody let me know if they turn out to be fabulous.

jobob
06-08-2006, 07:02 AM
I think Snickers is making one too. Oy.

Pedal Wench
06-08-2006, 07:16 AM
Oh! The Snicker's Marathon bars are wonderful! So much better than a Power Bar, and better for you than a regular Snickers - less melty too.

skibum
06-08-2006, 08:07 AM
When the payday pro first came out, there was either an introductory low price or I had a coupon, I can't remember but I figured what the heck, I'll try it out. It didn't taste quite as good and I didn't notice any difference in how I was fueled for my ride. The next time I was at the store, I compared the ingredients and there wasn't that much of a difference. Like you said, a little more protein and maybe some other small changes. I think they are trying to take advantage of the energy bar craze and have an excuse to charge extra for pretty much the same thing. I'm sticking with the regular paydays.