PDA

View Full Version : Indoor tri?

btchance
06-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Okay, I just signed up for one (hey, it's free through the university). How do these usually work, because I have no earthly idea, and the person I signed up with didn't seem to know either. Anyways, it's a 300y swim, 5mi bike, and 1.5mi run.

Thanks!

Grog
06-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Okay, I just signed up for one (hey, it's free through the university). How do these usually work, because I have no earthly idea, and the person I signed up with didn't seem to know either. Anyways, it's a 300y swim, 5mi bike, and 1.5mi run.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it just means that the swim is in an indoor pool.

The rest should be outdoors...

Brina
06-08-2006, 03:40 AM
sounds like at least the swim is in the pool. perhaps the bike is on a spin bike and the run on an indoor track or treadmill? I have heard of some health clubs doing all indoor events in the winter.

Grog
06-08-2006, 06:54 AM
I checked with my sweet partner, a seasoned triathlete, who confirmed to me that unless otherwise mentioned it should be only indoor swimming and the rest outside...

KSH
06-08-2006, 07:03 AM
I checked with my sweet partner, a seasoned triathlete, who confirmed to me that unless otherwise mentioned it should be only indoor swimming and the rest outside...

She really needs to check on this.

Everytime I have heard of an indoor tri... it meant an indoor pool... stationary bikes, and treadmills.

Cause, if only having an indoor pool qualifies for an indoor tri... then I have completed 2 real tri's... that weren't.

btchance
06-08-2006, 07:19 AM
I'll see if I can find anymore info, because all they had up was a sign with the distances and saying it was indoor. (the website has even less info) I'm thinking it is all indoors, though, otherwise it will be being held downtown at 6pm during the week when there's alot of traffic!