PDA

View Full Version : thanks TE

han-grrl
09-05-2001, 05:36 AM
got my water bottle today!
thanks Team Estrogen!

(and thanks for having this discussion board, i love it!)

Han-grrl

coelura
09-07-2001, 01:18 PM
Ditto on the thanks! I got mine the other day too. Han-grrl, how was Boston?

I just got my bike professionally fit to me this morning at a great bike shop in Winston-Salem (visiting my sister); seems like it's gonna be a lot better. Going to try a 35-miler for the first time tomorrow morning and I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Coelura

han-grrl
09-08-2001, 02:34 AM
boston was ummm...ok
the city is under construction! wow did the car take a beating...
we did manage to take a ride at Middlesex Fells
that was cool. although my fiance was being the explorer and got us lost! i was aiming for the mtb loop and there were all these unmarked trails, so started biking on them, and eventually found the mtb loop...where were we on it? who know! after about 20 km of biking i starting getting tired, and found a hiker who knew where we were (actually we managed to complete the loop without knowing it! glad we found that hiker though, i started of having images of going around and around and around and never finding the car again! :D
we left thursday morning and went to Mount Washington...
it is so beautiful, we went up with the car and i decided that my goal is to hike up. My fiance was saying how we couldnt ever possibly be in good enough shape to do that...two seconds later, a 79 year old man walked by who had just HIKED up. i found it so inspiring! Anyway it was nice to see fiance eat his words a bit, i'm not saying it would be easy, i'm just saying that i think i could do it...(well with some training).
I guess we just missed the bike climb at Mt Washington...does anyone "big' compete in that? I was just wondering if a great climber like Lance Armstrong would try such a race. Anyway, there is the story in a nutshell.

have a great day!

Han

DoubleLori
09-10-2001, 08:19 PM
This year's winners of the Mt. Washington hillclimb were Tim Johnson and Karen Bockel. Past winners have included Tyler Hamilton, Jeannie Longo, and Genevieve Jeanson, so big name people do compete periodically. Tim Johnson and Karen Bockel are new racers, so maybe they'll be big names very soon.

han-grrl
11-28-2001, 08:54 AM
just to correct the website
it is
http://www.mountwashington.org
what a great place that was.
and nope as much as i think it would be cool to bike Mt Washington, i think i will be hiking (hopefully) :D