PDA

View Full Version : Having A Forrest Gump Day

rocknrollgirl
06-07-2006, 02:40 AM
I was out for a run, in the nice misty rain this morning at 4:30 am. It was a Forrest Gump day...one of those days when nothing hurt, and it felt great. It was awesome......I only ran 3.3 miles.....but my time was fast for me....and now I have this great part of the day under my belt, and I can go off to teach the last few days of public high school to The Young And Restless.....My goal of a sub 9 min miles may actual happen in my lifetime....
at least it seems that way today.
:) :) :) :) :)

Ruth

Lise
06-07-2006, 04:21 AM
Good for you! And about those kids...they're not listening anyway. Surprise them and talk about your run, instead! :D L.

kaybee
06-07-2006, 08:35 AM
Don't you just love those days? And they always seem to sneak up on you, don't they? When I'm having a crummy run I always remind myself how good it feels when I have a good one. Hope the next run is just as good as the last!

KB

Barb
06-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Run and let the count down begin! I have one more day with kids and six in the office with no kids! ahh the life of the counselor!

sings..."schools out for summer......."

rocknrollgirl
06-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Well it is still raining 12 hours later, so no mt biking tomorrow...again....
Maybe I will try a run again tomorrow morning...could I Gump it two days in a row....I will let you know.

And I ALWAYS tell my students about my training and racing and adventures. I did my first 12 hour mountain bike endurance race last Sat., on a team. It was awesome.

My students just keep saying " you do know how old you are, right???"

They think its great. At least they listen to something.....

wee beasties.....