PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Report (Long)

kaybee
06-05-2006, 06:22 AM
I picked her up Friday afternoon, and I have to admit, I didn't sleep well Friday or Saturday night because I was experiencing buyer's remorse. You know, the little voice that wakes you up in the middle of the night saying things like "Are you crazy? Do you realize how much money you just spent on a bicycle? What if it turns out that the pain in your shoulder and neck ISN'T bike-related? What are you going to do then?" Yeah, that little monster. :mad: Of course, it didn't help that she had to sleep in our bedroom (the garage is full of cars and lawn equipment and the spare bedroom already has two bikes in it and no room for a third), so every time I woke up, there she was, staring at me.

So, we took her for a 27-mile ride yesterday and I_LOVE_HER. She's worth every penny I spent. I had absolutely no neck or shoulder pain (which had gotten so bad that I hadn't ridden in three weeks). It's amazing how much more stable I feel on her and how much better my balance is. I did have some "undercarriage" discomfort, so we will tweak the saddle slowly, but I know we can get that worked out. I even think I'll keep the compact double, since I wasn't having any more difficulty on the hills than I normally do.

So, what I have learned: (1) carbon is a wonderful thing; (2) buy a bike that fits; (2) buy as much bike as you can possibly afford. If you have to save for a few months longer or put it in layaway, it's worth the wait to get a bike you will love.

Thank you all for listening to me these past few weeks and for understanding. You're all great!

KB

caligurl
06-05-2006, 07:32 AM
http://www.smileycons.com/img/love2/85.gif

Geonz
06-05-2006, 08:46 AM
Yaaaaaaaay :-)

YOu are just going to have to ride her a LOT to "justify" the purchase. When you're pinching the pennies now, think about just what you got for them... drive a little slower and save gas, use a little less A.C., wahtever... and ENJOY THE RIDE!!!!

Susie
06-05-2006, 08:52 AM
Congrats! I absolutely loved mine and was devastated when she was demolished in a wreck. My replacement is being built this week and I should have her by Saturday. And as far as buyers remorse -- I put Campy Record on mine. I figured that if I was going to spend that much, I might as well really go wild and make it my absolute dream bike. When the final bill came in I just about had a heart attack. She was worth every penny though.

Enjoy,

Susie

mimitabby
06-05-2006, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE=kaybee

So, we took her for a 27-mile ride yesterday and I_LOVE_HER. She's worth every penny I spent. I had absolutely no neck or shoulder pain (which had gotten so bad that I hadn't ridden in three weeks). It's amazing how much more stable I feel on her and how much better my balance is. I did have some "undercarriage" discomfort, so we will tweak the saddle slowly, but I know we can get that worked out. I even think I'll keep the compact double, since I wasn't having any more difficulty on the hills than I normally do.

Thank you all for listening to me these past few weeks and for understanding. You're all great!

KB[/QUOTE]

congrats on the new bike. I hope you get the saddle tweaked, you just spent a fortune on the bike, don't be afraid to spend a few more bucks to get a saddle that gives you joy and not pain!

caligurl
06-05-2006, 09:34 AM
i had to replace the saddle on my ruby! i HATED the jett that came on it.... i switched to the dolce ti (which is what i think your's comes with?) but everybody's butt is different!!!!!!!!

now we're waiting for pics!

kaybee
06-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Susie, are you doing okay after the crash? I hate that you lost your bike, but better the bike than you!

Goenz, I finally decided that since I'm 47 I "need" the carbon frame to absorb the bumps. After all, this old body ain't getting any younger!

Caligirl, pictures will be forthcoming, as soon as I can remember how to operate the digital camera.

KB