PDA

View Full Version : Clif Shot jar as Geocache.

KnottedYet
06-03-2006, 09:05 PM
I've got a nearly-empty Clif Shot Electrolyte jar here. And I've realized it will make an AWESOME geocache jar.

Anybody else geocache? ( www.geocaching.com )

Knotted-is-a-nerd

crazycanuck
06-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Knotted..you're not a nerd...We've done a few geocaching's..(is that a verb??? ) or whatever you call it.

Just as long as you don't harm anything tis cool....

c

wavedancer
06-04-2006, 06:42 AM
I've had some fun geocaching. I started doing it to become used to working with a GPS. I've found some cool places to ride after tracking down some caches!

KnottedYet
06-04-2006, 07:58 AM
I love finding new (tiny!) parks that I never knew existed. A few years back SKnot really got into it, but these days he's not so interested. Our sig item is a zipper-pull with a Fimo eTrex Yellow on the end. We macrame them. Every so often we go Fimo crazy and make lots of weird beads, but never enough eTrexes!

We tracked a guy named VictoryMike who made chain mail key chains as his sig. When we saw he'd been to a cache near us we'd RACE out to try to find the cache and get a keychain. We did get one once. Pretty cool.

I've seen folks find some nifty ways to mount their GPSr on bike handlebars so they can go bikecaching. Now that SKnot has a bike, maybe we can do that!

snowtulip
06-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Dear hubby used to hate hiking (his motto was why hike when you can bike), so as incentive to hike we started geocaching and we enjoy it. It's nice when we go out of town on work related trips because the geocaches usually take us somewhere outdoors that we wouldn't have caught on the tour books.

We do also ride our bikes caching when it's not in wilderness.

Pedal Wench
06-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Talk about a nerd - here's an article (one of many...) that I wrote on geocaching!

http://www.roadgearmag.com/article.asp?section_id=12&article_id=144&page_number=3

Brandy
06-04-2006, 12:38 PM
We were into it a couple of years ago and I just found my GPS unit again. The kids liked it!