PDA

View Full Version : Felt

Ridelikeagurl
06-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi all, Newbie here. Hey, I'm finally buying a new road bike. I've ridden a CIOCC (italian job) for 18 years with some upgrades (RSX shifters, Shimano componentry, wheelsets etc.). I have devoted those years to great bicycle maintenance! But let's face it, it's time to ditch my 23lb steel pony and go to something lighter and faster (despite the strength gains I've made...). I've looked at a 5.2 Madone SL, an Orbea Orca, a Cervelo Soloist and R3 and the other day, I rode a Felt F2c. Things that make you go hmmm...Anyone out there have any experience with the Felt bikes? I'm an all-around cyclist, I like to ride long, sprint out of the saddle once in awhile (deer signs, city limits), maybe do short triathlons once in awhile for giggles, etc. Not real wild about the colors on the F2c although it seems to fit me better than the rest and rides so nice.....The others all sponsor riders and teams but I can't find a lot of info on the Felt bunch outside of the triathlon folks. If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!!! Also, if anyone knows where I could get a carbon fiber bike painted that would be great too. Apparently, you can't powder-coat a carbon bike. Thanks again!

im4smiley
06-02-2006, 04:23 PM
I am fairly new to biking but in February my hubby bought me a Felt F75 for our anniversary. :D I have since put on about 600 miles. I love it, it is so light and goes fast! My bike before was a hybrid so the Felt is my only experience with a road bike. Lots of people that I ride with ride with Felts and like them. I have a buddy who is picking up his F3C on Monday! Not sure if that helps

Ridelikeagurl
06-02-2006, 07:54 PM
:) Thanks smiley! yes, it helps simply because I don't know anyone besides the guys in my LBS and since they are giving me the hard sell, it's tough to tell. They really seem like they love their Felts but hard to tell if they're just trying to sell me a bike. Glad you like yours and happy to hear you ride it! Congrats on 600 miles and I hope you hitthe 2007 mark by 2007. Good luck and thanks for the reply!
Tourmaline

I am fairly new to biking but in February my hubby bought me a Felt F75 for our anniversary. :D I have since put on about 600 miles. I love it, it is so light and goes fast! My bike before was a hybrid so the Felt is my only experience with a road bike. Lots of people that I ride with ride with Felts and like them. I have a buddy who is picking up his F3C on Monday! Not sure if that helps

stella
06-05-2006, 05:50 AM
I know a number of riders that have Felts--a great bike! they seem to give you a good bang for your buck and, from what I am told, are a joy to ride.

(I'm not ready to give up my steel pony, yet, so I have no personal experience with Felts. I do trust the folks that have given me their opinions, though).

ccnyc
06-05-2006, 02:25 PM
I had a Felt F80 (aluminum w/carbon fork). Great bike. Very fast and very responsive. I did customize it with more narrow handlebars, shorter stem, new fork so I could raise the handlebars and upgraded the crankset. Rode it for about 3 years and was quite happy with it.

Carol

Big Don
07-26-2007, 05:02 AM
Hi all, Newbie here. Hey, I'm finally buying a new road bike. I've ridden a CIOCC (italian job) for 18 years with some upgrades (RSX shifters, Shimano componentry, wheelsets etc.). I have devoted those years to great bicycle maintenance! But let's face it, it's time to ditch my 23lb steel pony and go to something lighter and faster (despite the strength gains I've made...). I've looked at a 5.2 Madone SL, an Orbea Orca, a Cervelo Soloist and R3 and the other day, I rode a Felt F2c. Things that make you go hmmm...Anyone out there have any experience with the Felt bikes? I'm an all-around cyclist, I like to ride long, sprint out of the saddle once in awhile (deer signs, city limits), maybe do short triathlons once in awhile for giggles, etc. Not real wild about the colors on the F2c although it seems to fit me better than the rest and rides so nice.....The others all sponsor riders and teams but I can't find a lot of info on the Felt bunch outside of the triathlon folks. If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!!! Also, if anyone knows where I could get a carbon fiber bike painted that would be great too. Apparently, you can't powder-coat a carbon bike. Thanks again! Hey Ride, I have an 06 Trek 5.2 MadoneSL & a FeltF75. Both are good rides. The Trek is great for powering up hills cuz it is very light. The Felt has a good solid feel and is tight and responsive. You can get a carbon fiber bike powder coated, try looking up a company in Thomastown called Electromold "Extreme Powder Coatings".