PDA

View Full Version : Running Coaching- Update- Week 6

KSH
06-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Well, met with my coach again... week 6.

Gosh, I can't believe that the last time I ran was April 8, 2006 (my last and only tri of this season)!

So, we basically did a bunch of running drills. They are hard to explain, so I won't even try :o ... but they are all building up to making my weak areas... strong. I do have a problem with being aggressive when I push off with my foot and really having strength in my push.

My coach is hopeful that in a month to 2 months I will be running 5K's again. I think he's too hopeful... but who knows... maybe.

He also said that his goal is to get me to a sub 10-minute mile. YES! If I could run a 9... or dare I dream... 8 minute mile... I would really be able to make it to the top of the pack in my age group! I won't win, but I will move up to the top 10!

So, I am still not running... but hopefully I will be real soon. I am biting at the chomp to start running again... (did I just say that??? :eek: ) that's for sure!

colby
06-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Wow, that sounds great! Slow progress, but you'll be better for it in the long run. (Oops, no pun intended, I swear!)

I just did a half marathon and clocked in at an 11:11 pace, my normal 4-5 mile pace closer to 10:15 or 10:30. I would love to run sub-10 minute times, even though running is not my favorite thing.

We're rootin' for ya :D

Lise
06-01-2006, 07:25 PM
KSH, I think it is so cool that you're learning to run mindfully. You'll be the best runner you can be. The patience and hard work will really pay off. Keep it up! :D L.

DirtDiva
06-02-2006, 09:25 AM
I'm enjoying these little updates. Juat think how awesome you'll be when you "graduate"... :D Then you'll be able to pass on all your tips to those of us who have no idea what we're doing still. :)