PDA

View Full Version : Uggh! I have the flu!

shadon
05-31-2006, 04:52 PM
and we ride out for ALC on Sunday at 6 am! I feel like I got hit with a brick. Scratchy throat, I'm tired,tired, tired, flooded sinus, slight fever...and did I mention I'm TIRED?

I've been chugging OJ and water, taking zinc, asprin.sleeping....

How do I kill this thing by Saturday morning?

maillotpois
05-31-2006, 05:13 PM
Keep doing what you've been doing. Sleep a lot. Drink a lot (water, OJ, tea, etc.) It should get better by then - enough to be bearable.

What a HUGE bummer right before your event, though. :mad: Is it in your lungs at all?

shadon
05-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Thankfully it's not in my chest...and typically, I don't get to many chest colds. Your advice is the same as that I've gotten in other places...so I gotta keep doin' what I'm doin' I guess.

Geez, I didn't want to be sick of gatorade before I even got on my bike :mad:

JoyfulGirl
06-02-2006, 11:03 AM
don't have any magic cure but wanted to say I'm so sorry you have the flu:( I had the nastiest tummy bug last week and it was miserable. I hope you're taking good care of yourself and get better soon and are up for your Sunday. Best wishes on healthiness soon

bikerz
06-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Oh Shadon - what a drag!

This is totally anecdotal, but I have had good results with that Airborne stuff - it seems to reduce the symptoms for me - maybe because I believe it does - but it might be worth a try.

But otherwise, sleep and drink lots of fluids - and gargle, gargle, gargle with warm salt water - it really helps the throat!

I hope you feel better!

shadon
06-02-2006, 11:46 AM
I think I might live :rolleyes: ! I seem to be on the upswing, and with two more nights of good sleep and some OTC drugs I should be alright. I may make Sunday a short day though.

Thank you all!