PDA

View Full Version : Trek 100 or Ride for the Arts ?

SJCzar
05-31-2006, 08:37 AM
Anyone in the Wisconsin - Illinois area doing either one of these rides this weekend?

The Trek 100 is a fundraiser for the MACC Fund (Childhood Cancer). It starts in Waukesha and follows a really nice route around all the lakes in that area. I signed up for the 100 mile distance. There are also shorter routes. This ride has one of the best post-ride parties around. Lots of free great food and of course beer. What's a Wisconsin ride without beer at the end.

The Ride for the Arts is in Milwaukee. This one is a fundraiser for the United Performing Arts Fund. The long route on this one is 70. They also have a nice post party. This year's is held at the Summerfest grounds.

Eagle-Eye
05-31-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm doing both! I am going for my first century ride with the Trek 100, then riding the 25 miler at the Miller Ride for the Arts with a bunch of people from work.

I am really looking forward to this weekend! :D

SJCzar
05-31-2006, 12:26 PM
I've really been excited for these rides as well. Looks like we'll have pretty decent weather for both. Much better than the humidity of last weekend.

I signed up for the 70 miler on Sun. Perhaps I'll regret that after the 100 on Saturday. I did both last year also, but not the longest distances.

"The Ride for the Arts" 25 miler has the best route... south down the lakefront. That will be fun with a group.

Have a Great Time !!!!

Eagle-Eye
05-31-2006, 01:36 PM
Last weekend was brutal. I was in Madison for the Mad City Marathon (I only ran the 5k) on Sunday. They had to close the marathon course 2.5 hours early due to the numbers of people running into trouble. The medical director basically said it was unsafe!

Granted, it wasn't that bad... we Wisconsinites are just not used to 90 degree heat in May. I had done all my running in 60 degree weather. I wasn't quite ready for it.

I did manage to get a 66 mile ride in on Saturday, so I think I am ready for the 100. This will be my first time riding that distance. Looks like perfect weather for it.

Good luck on both the long distances. The beer at the end will taste that much better!

Duck on Wheels
05-31-2006, 02:54 PM
I saw a sign at the gym that Trek is also offering test rides on their latest models out at Blue Mounds park on Sunday. Anybody know if this is only mtb bikes?