PDA

View Full Version : Waves to Wine?

melissam
05-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Has anyone done the Waves to Wine ride? I'm considering doing it this year -- I have until mid-September to get ready.

I'm curious about a couple of things, so I was hoping to hear from someone who's done the event in the past.

* How much climbing is involved in each day's route?
* Is it windy? (Bonus for tailwinds!)
* What's the best way to train for back-to-back 75 mile rides? If you're ready for a century, is that sufficient?
* Is it well-organized?
* Any other words of wisdom?

Many, many thanks in advance!

-- Melissa

Trek420
05-30-2006, 07:19 PM
melissam

several TE'ers have done WtoW

check here:

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=737&highlight=waves+wine

Has anyone done the Waves to Wine ride? I'm considering doing it this year -- I have until mid-September to get ready.

"What's the best way to train for back-to-back 75 mile rides? If you're ready for a century, is that sufficient?"

I would think if you're ready for a century and can do another ride the next day, for example do a metric century and a recovery ride the next you should be fine.

"Is it well-organized?"

I've heard it's very well organised and supported.

"Any other words of wisdom?"

Go! It's a great ride and cause. It's in Mid Sept? How are you training now? With a group? The Lunachix will have a progressive training ride series for Bike Against the Odds, timing would be right for your ride. Could take advantage of that.

bikerz
05-30-2006, 08:47 PM
I was going to do it last year with my neighbor and some friends (but life happened - oh well!) - my neighbor is in insurance and he was going to form a team called "the Underiders"! har har! But I think we may do it this year - as long as it doesn't conflict with BATO. I've heard it's a great ride.