PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale Feminine

fasteryet
09-12-2003, 02:25 PM
Hi.
I'm one more woman ready for a road bike. I currently have a Cannnondale hybrid, which I love and is great for rough roads and railroad beds, but I seem to have the need for speed. So, I'm starting to look... I've been reading good things about the Treks and Terrys, but haven't heard much about the Cdales. Have not yet stared to test ride, but would like to get some feedback before I do. The bike will be a 50th birthday present from my husband , so I'm willing to spend up to about $2,000, which will have to include shoes and pedals and all the extras. I'm not in a real hurry, either, all though if I don't get one in the next month I may have to wait until spring, as cold and rainy weather don't tend to encourage me.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

bikerchick68
02-02-2004, 07:32 PM
Hello! I desperately wanted a Trek Project One but could not get them to fit me comfortably... I have a Lemond Maillot Jaune, but when I bought it, it was 6 mm out of alignment... Lemond sent me a new frame and I just never felt comfortable on it... so I began searching... finally bought a Litespeed Tuscany which I absolutely love! Put my Lemond on eBay as a 51cm and some guy emailed my husband to measure the bike because it had a bracket that a 51 could not have... sure enough it was a 53cm... which is why it was never comfortable... way too big for me! I have to say Lemond made good on it and sent me a 49cm WSD Lemond Maillot Jaune frame... Trek rebuilt the bike and I'm selling it now:rolleyes: Just no need for 2 road bikes, and I absolutely love the Litespeed...

I would definitely check into WSD bikes... I have read lots of good things here about Terry but have never ridden one... I rode a Giant and hated it... not sure why, probably a good bike...

My recommendation is to test ride bikes the same way you test drive cars... I rode everything I could get my hands on and just loved the Litespeed... Good luck... see ya on the road!:)

Irulan
02-02-2004, 07:56 PM
you might want to search this board for all the previous discussion of WSD, both the good and the bad .

Irulan

fasteryet
02-03-2004, 09:55 AM
I did a little online reseach last fall, but did end up with a Cannondale R800 Feminine anyway. There weren't too many shops around here to try out a WSD, and I like the CDale. It is a 50 cm., and fits well. I was a bit sore in places at first, like arms, shoulders, neck, hamstrings, etc., but got over that eventually. I think it was because it was so different from the hybrid I had been riding, plus going clipless. (yay!) I got it at the end of Oct., so only had about six weeks to ride it before winter set in. It has been the coldest Jan. in ten years, so the bike is upstairs in my guest room on a trainer. It's boring, and I can only force myself to use it about three days per week, but at least I won't get totally out of shape.
I can't wait for spring!