PDA

View Full Version : boston area womens cycling group????

GrandPrix
09-10-2003, 08:11 PM
Hey ladies!
I just joined the form. Recently purchase a new road bike - raleigh grandprix 2003 (hence my user name). I'm 28 years old and living in waltham, mass (borders newton, watertown, weston). I want to start biking more, training for longer rides. Currently going about 13 miles at 13 mph - can go faster on flat areas and a bit slower on some hills.....anyone interested in riding with me? or getting a group together????

P.S. not ready for clipless pedals and my toeclips lasted all of seconds before i took them off - think i'm going to get used to the bike over the next few months and then try clipless - i've heard they are better than toeclips (heard nightmare stories about those!!)

veria10
09-24-2003, 01:03 AM
Hello Grandprix rider, I am a fairly new rider who lives in Concord, on some of the greatest cycling routes in MA. I am a 47 y.o. mother of a college kid and a pre-teen. I have a new Greg Lemond Nevada road bike. I ride about your speed (12-14 mph) and would love to show you some of the routes I take if you're interested. I usually do about 10 to 15 miles, on country scenic roads (past horse farms, lakes, rivers, woods) in and outside of Concord. My usual circuits have long sloping hills and FAST straight-aways. These roads are so popular that people come from all over greater Boston to ride them. On Weekend mornings dozens of cyclists congregate in Monument Square, then take off in packs to do the routes. Most of them are faster than me, but if you want to try it some time you can meet me at my house, park your car in my driveway, and I'll do the route with you. We could talk to some cyclists and see about getting a group together. Often on these routes (esp. around 8-10 AM) you will find almost NO cars in the entire 15 miles, but many, many cyclists, all very friendly. Please email me at veria10@yahoo.com.