PDA

View Full Version : LRRH, Logan roll call!

bikerHen
05-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Just wondering who is staying in Logan the night before the ride. We really need to get together for a pre-ride party. Any of you local girls know of a good place to eat and be merry?

SO SOUND OFF . . .

BIKERHEN, present! :D

Lifesgreat
05-28-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm a'comin! But I don't know Logan well enough to recommend a place for merriment.

Tater
05-30-2006, 05:42 AM
I'll be in Logan Friday night. I don't think I will be getting there until around eight pm, though, as we won't be leaving Boise until 3:30 that afternoon.

CyclaSutra
05-30-2006, 06:38 AM
I spent like 30 minutes searching for my own post. Sad, huh? Should we plan on a group meeting at 7ish? Let's try to get a head count so we can call and get a big enough table...
----------------

Originally Posted by CyclaSutra
So I called up our friend Jason at Crystal Inn and he said the Firehouse Pizzeria is just a block and a half away and it's big enough for a group of 20, but he DID suggest alerting them to our presence. Here's the web listing I found:

FIREHOUSE PIZZA
880 South Main, Logan
(435) 787-4222
Mon.-Sat. 11 a.m.-10 p.m. $4-14
Cedar-smoked sandwiches, pastas, and pizza

And I called and dude who answered said it's plenty big enough for us, and they DO serve beer and wine (never a given in Utah).

That looks good for pre-ride noshing, eh?

Trekhawk
05-30-2006, 10:42 AM
Ok now I feel really silly as I just PM bikerhen asking this exact question. Hmm guess I should read the posts first.:o

I will be in Logan on Friday night with my husband and three sons can they come to dinner too?

AuntieK
05-30-2006, 11:49 AM
AuntieK will be there Friday evening. My fav places to eat in Logan are:

1) The Bluebird Cafe-homestyle cookin' in a historical old building on Main in downtown Logan

2) Cafe Sabor-Tex Mex style in the old train station, also in downtown Logan

I don't know about beer/wine in either of these locations, but both have plenty of room for us all (although the Bluebird is roomier).

bikerHen
05-30-2006, 07:10 PM
It looks like we have enough TE'er for a very merry pre ride dinner. We just have to decide where! I don't care where, so those who know the town best should pick. Who all is staying at the Crystal Inn? Or is everyone staying at the Crystal Inn?

So, Pizza or
Homestyle or
Tex Mex
Which is best for riding long miles the next day?

I'm getting way to excited about this to go work tomorrow!:D bikerHen

CyclaSutra
05-30-2006, 10:01 PM
The only thing I love more than my bikes (and husband and dog) is food.

So anywhere is fine with me, I can sniff out a carbohydrate from 50 yards. I just wonder if the other two places will be in close proximity to the Crystal Inn, and thus easy to find.

Me, staying at Crystal Inn, in for food, and have an extra bed Friday night if anyone wants to split it. Thinking of ditching the Saturday night room and zipping home after the ride...

Tater
05-31-2006, 05:46 AM
I am at the Crystal Inn.

ljkl
05-31-2006, 06:48 AM
we always eat at Gia's (Italian) at 119 S. Main in Logan before the MS150.
(They have provided the dinner at the MS150 over the years, so are biker friendly)

AuntieK
05-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Okay, looking at the addresses of all of the options, the pizza place is the closest to the Crystal Inn. So, if we're looking at a place within reasonable walking distance, I would go with Firehouse Pizza.
So, how about we all plan to meet there at around 7-ish?
Now we just need a head count...
There will be five from my group coming.

SadieKate
05-31-2006, 11:50 AM
Keep your eyes open for Cyndi and Yau Ming.

Cyndi is a really pretty blond (kind of like a Barbie doll) about 5'6" and Yau Ming is has pretty black shoulder length hair and is about 5"4". Both at least look like they're somewhere in the 30s. They'l be driving up Friday evening but we'll have their bikes.

Trekhawk
05-31-2006, 12:24 PM
Okay, looking at the addresses of all of the options, the pizza place is the closest to the Crystal Inn. So, if we're looking at a place within reasonable walking distance, I would go with Firehouse Pizza.
There will be five from my group coming.

I will bring my troop along so it will be five for me too.:)

Lifesgreat
05-31-2006, 06:01 PM
AK and I (plus three friends) are staying next door to the Crystal Inn. We five are the group AuntieK mentioned in her post.

SadieKate
05-31-2006, 07:54 PM
There will be five from my group coming.I'm sending this email to Cyndi and Yau Ming so I hope this is the final decision????

Who is the Executive Decision Maker in this group?

SK

bikerHen
05-31-2006, 07:54 PM
Pizza works for me! Count me (one) there too. :D bikerHen

jobob
05-31-2006, 09:13 PM
Hi there -

Kim (aka_kim), Marty and I will be staying at the Crystal Inn in Logan as well.

We'd like to join you but we're not sure when we're going to arrive at the hotel (lots of logistical fun with various airport arrivals & pickups, and then we're meeting up with Yellow and SK at some point).

So, put the 3 of us down for "tentative". If we don't make it to the Firehouse Pizza on Friday evening (is that where you decided on?) then hopefully we'll see you all at the ride or at Casa Yellow afterwards.

- Jo.

aka_kim
05-31-2006, 09:17 PM
You beat me to it by seconds, Jo - I just deleted my initial response. But ya know, pizza sounds pretty good...

jobob
05-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Sure does :D

ljkl
06-01-2006, 02:55 PM
my husband and i might be joining the group for pizza (i haven't run it by him, and really don't know exactly when we will arrive in Logan). he is volunteering at registration and lunch for the ride.

AuntieK
06-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Okay...

So far I have a count of 11 for sure, and 5 maybes. Right? Could someone count it up again for me, I've got pre-ride ditzyness.

I'll check in for a final count tomorrow before I leave (around 3:30 p.m.-Mtn time). Then I'll call Firehouse Pizza on my way up there and give them our count.

I'm excited to meet you all TOMORROW! :D

AuntieK
06-01-2006, 06:38 PM
I just discovered something cool...maybe you all have seen this:

http://www.firehousepizzeria.com/

Just looking at the menu...it does look good!

Edited to say that it SOUNDS good...no pics on website.