PDA

View Full Version : btchance's Y-tri report

btchance
05-27-2006, 08:40 AM
So, I just got done with my first tri and it went pretty well, and I definately enjoyed it. Okay, the swim was in the pool, one where you snaked down and under the ropes. I made good time, 4:53, but never really felt comfortable. Maybe it was because I was always worried somebody was wanting to pass me, which was never a problem, but it just didn't feel natural, like I was working too hard. Oh well, I can't complain about my performance there, especially since it's the 2nd fastest I ever swam the distance.

My transition to the bike went really well, the time of 2min something looks long, but as we had a good bit to run to get over there though.

Got out on the bike and it felt great. I was able to keep a good cadence no matter what the conditions were, and felt terrific on the climbs (yeah!!! I even passed a few people there) and could have probably pushed harder but I didn't want to kill myself before my run. My time there was 37min, which considering I was one of the few people on a MTB without slicks (maybe the only one), I have no complaints.

The transition to the run went smooth, and interestingly enough, the 1st part of the run was my best. I came out strong, made it about a 1/3 of the way, and started struggling. I ended up doing the walk a few seconds, run a little bit, combo, but I got through it. I definately need to do some more bricks off the actual bike, not just out of a spinning class. I was really surprised, though, that even with the walking, I ended up with a 20min time. My overall time was 1:07, which was a little better than I expected to do. I am planning on doing another the 1st weekend in July which is OW, so I'll have to try that out sometime soon. Oh, and I didn't take any pictures, but when the official ones are up I'll put the link on here.

and thanks for all your support here.

Kim

colby
05-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Awesome! Sounds like you're hooked. Congrats on your first finish.

(PS: I feel so lazy now for still being in my PJs and reading this ;))

Pyannyplayer
05-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Way to go! Sounds like you had fun!

Lorie

lnewv5
05-27-2006, 10:09 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Now you are an "official triathlete."

Not only did you get through it - you did a GREAT job! Hope you enjoy a little R&R now that you have that major accomplishment down.

Grog
05-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Good job Kim!

Glad you had a good time!

Lise
05-27-2006, 03:56 PM
You are fast! I am very impressed with your times. Excellent work! :D Lise

ptsheridan
05-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Congrats on your first Tri! Good for you for getting ready for another. Very insprirational. Thanks for sharing your first Tri with us. Great times. So are you hooked?

tprevost
05-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Excellent Job btchance! You did a great job! Thank you for sharing - we will look forward to seeing pics once you post the link!

You are now officially a triathlete! Congratulations! :D

Tracy

KSH
05-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Sounds like you had a great time and did a wonderful job!

What were the distances by the way?

Thanks for sharing your race report!

btchance
05-28-2006, 04:01 AM
Sounds like you had a great time and did a wonderful job!

What were the distances by the way?

Thanks for sharing your race report!

I knew I would leave something out, the distances! Anyways, it was 200y, 8.5, 2. And still no pictures yet.

btchance
06-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Here are the pictures taken during the event. This link should take you directly to them http://www.brightroom.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=11936&PWD=&BIB=164

They weren't as bad as what I was afraid they would be!

DirtDiva
06-03-2006, 01:33 AM
Lookin' good! :)

Lise
06-03-2006, 04:00 PM
You look great! Those are nice distances for a sprint. I know you're hooked now--do you have another race planned?

btchance
06-04-2006, 04:54 AM
You look great! Those are nice distances for a sprint. I know you're hooked now--do you have another race planned?

Actually, in july and August there are 4 different sprint tris within 40min of where I live, but I can't enter any of them now because I don't know what my on-call schedule will be, and since I'm a student, I have no control what so ever on it. So I'm just waiting to get my schedule, then sign up for one that doesn't conflict.

Now I just have to find some where to do some OW. I don't think I want my first experience to be in the Tennessee River!

kaybee
06-05-2006, 09:55 AM
I'll say it again: You triathletes are awesome! By the way, the husband of my running buddy did that same tri! Small world, isn't it?

KB