PDA

View Full Version : Tower Triathlon Pictures

Lise
05-26-2006, 09:00 AM
Mom took the pictures, mailed them to me, I scanned them, created a photobucket account, uploaded them, and, I hope, provided a link to them here:

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/lisecnm/Triathlon/

Whew! At least in the triathlon I knew what I was doing! :rolleyes: Technology troglodyte enters the 21st century.
In the pictures of me at the race, I didn't know I'd won third in my age group yet, so I'm just wearing the finisher's medal. Mom took another picture at dinner that night with both medals! Enjoy. :D L.

Running Mommy
05-26-2006, 09:09 AM
looky you! You cute thing!!! Love the purple blazer... And the pink pump.. Oh YEAH! I want one! I've always wanted a pink Elite.. sigh.. someday! or I could get a pink guru ala Melisa! :D
Good happy pics! I love it! And mom looks so supportive and proud! I wish mine was.. sigh... Thats what I have you guys for! lol

Blueberry
05-26-2006, 09:09 AM
Lise-

Thanks for sharing - your smile says it all!!!!!

Congrats on a great race:D :D

Carrie Anne

Blueberry
05-26-2006, 09:24 AM
And mom looks so supportive and proud! I wish mine was.. sigh... Thats what I have you guys for! lol

Ditto that. Most common thing I hear: You're too heavy to ride. You'll have a heart attack. Nope mom- you got it backwards - I'm more likely to have health problems if I *stop* riding...

Lise
05-26-2006, 09:26 AM
looky you! You cute thing!!! Love the purple blazer... And the pink pump.. Oh YEAH! I want one! I've always wanted a pink Elite.. sigh.. someday! or I could get a pink guru ala Melisa! :D
Good happy pics! I love it! And mom looks so supportive and proud! I wish mine was.. sigh... Thats what I have you guys for! lol
Thanks, guys! Denise--if our moms only knew how much it means to us when they come to cheer.

My mom had come to one other tri that I did. At the finish line this time, she commented that I was "running really fast" at the end. I said, "Remember I sprinted in HS? I love running fast at the end. It's the running slowly in the rest of the race that's hard!" She said, "Oh, I remember, I came to one of your track meets (emphasis hers)." I think she "got it" in that moment, that it means so much to me. I know this is not an exciting sport. I heard mom yell my name as I came into T2, I made my transition, and ran out as she cheered--I yelled, "Thanks, Mom! I'll see you in a half hour!" ... wait a minute. What am I saying? *I* think it's an exciting sport!

Anyways....blessings on those who come and cheer and get excited with us, and on all of you, who tune in every day to see what amazing things we all can do. :D

maillotpois
05-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Great pictures! I wanna pink pump, too!!!!

brok
05-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Lise, I love the picture of you and your mom. She looks so proud and it is awesome that she is soooo supportive. Enjoy all of those happy times with her that you can.

VenusdeVelo
05-27-2006, 07:36 AM
I think that probably looks like the one of the *biggest* smiles you've had right? Esp after they called your name as a top winner!! And that was a great report too, keep 'em coming.

Maybe after I get back to the US (Milwaukee) we can meet up for a ride -- have girlfriends who ride and live in Milwaukee and near Chicago so it would be a great weekend to ride with the girls somewhere in between!!

ptsheridan
05-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Happy Day! Love the picture of you and your mom. The medal looks perfect on you! Thanks for posting the pics.

Brandy
05-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Great pictures Lise! Congratulations once again :)

tprevost
05-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Lise,

You look absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE your smile :D I'm so happy that your mom came to cheer you on; you just look so happy! Love that!

Trac'

mtbdarby
05-28-2006, 08:18 AM
Awesome pix Lise!
I agree it's great that your mom is being supportive now - enjoy it. I'm sure we all wished our moms would do that. Heck, I'd settle for dad but none of my family gets it. That's what friends are for!

Thanks for sharing:)

Grog
05-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Lise:

It's been said by others, but you look gorgeous and radiant.

Knowing your story, I can't help thinking about that old pic of you as I look at the new tri pics. Wow, what a woman. You are doing wonderful things to yourself, and you do so with a great smile. You're on my heroes list.

Enjoy the good times! And hug your mom. :)

Lise
05-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Ah! Thanks, you guys! It is really something to see myself through your eyes. I think that's one of the best things we can do for each other--reflect the beauty back.

I fret about my times in the race, my belly in the pictures, etc. :rolleyes: I forget the miracle that brought me from overweight, depressed, medicated and isolated in 2000 to strong, proud, unmedicated, happy, and a triathlete in 2006. The miracle, of course, is my willingness to trust others in moments of dispair, open my heart, look deeply at myself, be willing to change, and to find joy in something completely unexpected. Many unexpected things...:) What a privilege to stand among you strong, proud, hopeful women. And to laugh so much. :D L.

Starfish
05-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Lise, I am new the boards and don't know your history. It is easy to look at the photos and make the assumption that you have always been this trim, pretty, happy, successful athlete. Congratulations on your victories, and thank you for the honest sharing. What in inspiration for those of us dreaming of, or in the midst of, transformation. I admire you.

BikeMomma
05-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Lise, you're beautiful, both inside and out. Thanks for lighting up this board with your sunshine. :) Your mom is awesome too. Give her a hug from all of us here.

...and I like your Campy rims...I have Vento's too (mine are dark grey, tho'). I have an older steel Bianchi frame of the same color that I keep saying I'm going to change into a track/fixed gear. What year, I dunno.

Keep at it, grrrl. ;)
~BikeMomma

tprevost
05-28-2006, 06:19 PM
dang it! You all are making me cry... stop it!

Tracy :o

DirtDiva
05-29-2006, 02:01 AM
Nice pics Lise. I'm not sure if I congratulated you in the other thread, so I'll say it here: well done! :)

Brina
05-29-2006, 04:10 AM
OMG, Lise, from the way you describe yourself I had not idea you were so gorgeous! And an age group placer was well. Cool pics.

Lise
05-29-2006, 12:45 PM
Well, thank you! I did call myself a troglodyte once, but that was in reference to my technological capabilities, not so much appearance...:p