PDA

View Full Version : Last minute IMAZ finishers video

Running Mommy
05-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Fed ex just delivered my last hour IM finishers video, and yes.. I WAS IN IT!!! Seeing myself cross the finish line was surreal. I mean I know I did it and all, but seeing it makes it more real.
When I went over the line I mouthed "I made it"... I don't even remember that, so it's nice to have it on video. My friend Kevin is going to figure out a way to get that footage on the video he's editing it for me. So at some point in time I should have a WAY cooler video than the one I did myself. I can't wait.
Ok, must stop crying!! I'm at WORK!! Lucky for me I'm a one man show.
Oh- and Nanci, what was your friends name/number? I think she may be in it. If so I'll give you the info to put her in touch w/ the ironworks folks for a copy.
Ciao!
Denise

Nanci
05-26-2006, 09:09 AM
I _liked_ the video you made! But I'm anxious to see this one, too. I have to ask her what her number was.

Nanci

Running Mommy
05-26-2006, 09:10 AM
What's her name?

Running Mommy
05-26-2006, 09:28 AM
I think I found her... From winterpark FL? If so, bummer... She's not in it..

Lise
05-26-2006, 09:33 AM
Oh, man, I can hardly wait to see it! I put on the video you made when I did my post-run stretches today. I love that JBJ song that starts it off. I downloaded it and listen to it often. "We've all got the blood of Eden running through our veins", and "remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes" are my favorite lines. Wonderful words to keep in my head.

Triathlon guy that I kissed last Friday cancelled our bike ride date (was to be today) by email last night at midnight. No follow-up. :( SIGH. Moving on...the songs and images from your DVD really lift me up, Den. Looking forward to more! :D L.

Running Mommy
05-26-2006, 10:09 AM
I went and showed the guys out in the shop I was so desperate to share it w/ someone!! lol
If only I could figure out how to make copies of dvds. My friend Kevin the techno geek says it can be done, but it's hard, and if it's protected it's even more of a pain... He said something about illegal software and I tuned it out from there.. Don't want to be a scoflaw!! ;)
It came on the exact right day too. I'm beyond mad at the husband, so I slept in the spare room lastnight. Yeah, he messed up big time! Basically he's making work his # 1 priority over his family, and I've finally had it. He's a workaholic, so it's nothing new, but he stuck his last toe in the grave lastnight. I didn't see or hear from him from 5:00 am until I got up for my run this morning. I knew he had a salesman in town yesterday that he was going to be showing around, so I didn't expect to see him much, but he ignored my phone calls. He's a maniac w/ his cell phone, so I KNOW he saw my calls coming in and he just let them drop to vm. And knowing that he would never treat a colleague like that, I felt it was hugely disrespectful. If it were ANYTHING to do w/ work he would have responded STAT!
So anyhoo... I cried myself to sleep lastnight, and had a crappy run this morning. We work together and when I got into the office he was already gone. The shop guys said he went to breakfast w/ the other manager. NICE. Like avoiding me is gonna help! :mad:
He hasn't been back to the office. I'm sure thats been on purpose. I left him a note lastnight, so he knows I'm upset. And I would hardly speak to him this morning. The thing is working together I am trying REALLY hard not to let it creep into the office. I don't want to bring personal stuff here. It's not fair to everyone else. But it's really hard. I guess in a way it's good he's not here. I can sit on TE and whine to all my buddies who I know will support me. :)
And I don't have to "pretend" if ya know what I mean.. Cause right now I really want to let him have it... :p
Well, sorry about the thread hijack- even if it was my own thread! ha ha
And thanks for listening.

Nanci
05-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Her name is Sue- and Winter Park would be close.

Lise
05-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Sorry to hear it, RM. Hang in there. Keep on doing what's good for you. love, L.

Running Mommy
05-26-2006, 11:31 AM
He's back in the office and I want to rip his HEAD OFF!!!!! :cool:
Everything he does is just getting under my skin. Just looking at him makes me want to start hurling furniture in his direction....:mad:
Ok, I vented... I feel better now.
Thanks girls...
Denise
P.S. Good thing I don't get pms anymore huh? I could be scary! ha ha

Lise
05-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Is it possible it's a bit of post-IM syndrome for the both of you? I was wondering about that in the grocery store...:rolleyes: Let it ride.... L.

KSH
05-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Well, the video sounds really cool! You are lucky to have it!

As for the husband.

I don't KNOW him and I don't KNOW you... but I do know that when my husband was working late and ignoring my phone calls... he was up to no good. I trusted him and refused to check out what he was doing... and... that was really naive of me. Men are men.

I even had 2 people tell me he cheated on me... but I TRUSTED him... and not the people who told me... so I ignored them.

I don't know you... and I certainly can't tell you what is and isn't true... but it's always a good idea to make it very clear to your husband that ignoring you will not be tolerated. He needs to know that you ARE watching him.

Good job on making him know that he needs to stay on top of your phone calls. Keep it up. Men need to know that we are watching.

Lise
05-26-2006, 02:19 PM
RM--gotta say--I really agree with KSH about the phone calls. Not OK. What if you were calling about your son? What if you needed his help, had been in an accident, etc? You two are partners, parents. Adults need to rise above the tide of emotions and take care of their committments.

And yeah. My ex was fooling around when she "worked late" and wouldn't tell me where she was going. Ironically, fooling around with the woman she left to be with me six years prior. Yuck.

JoyfullySo
05-26-2006, 03:16 PM
I worked with my hubby for 3 years managing the office

I will gladly pay someone large quantities of cash to NEVER have to do that again. I could not stand having work dominate our lives. I thank God every day for our office manager.

I want to see the video. Where can I purchase it?

Nanci
05-26-2006, 03:27 PM
I agree with KSH too. Been burned too many times.

maillotpois
05-26-2006, 04:25 PM
RM - what a dreadful situation. I am so sorry you're going through all this. Remember, you are an Iron Woman.