PDA

View Full Version : experience on the Hotter N' Hell 100 in Wichita Falls?

archibella
05-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Has anyone done this ride? http://www.hh100.org/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Some friends of mine are starting to ask, and I keep looking at that Route Profile/Elevation Map going :eek: uh-uh... Am thinking maybe I'd try the metric this year to check it out? Anyway-- just wondered if anyone had done it and if you'd share your experiences!! :)

Thanks! and happy (& safe) rides to all.

Steph_in_TX
05-24-2006, 02:05 PM
I figure we'll do it one of these days just for the experience, but I'm somehow turned off by the number of riders. I've done the Ride for the Roses for several years with over 6,000, but several thousand more than that seems to make me not want to deal with it.

If you want a hotel room, book early.

Here's a link to some a local web page with lots of reviews, it might give you some idea of what people think of the ride.

http://www.bicycle-stuff.com/reviews/08_august/H_H_H.htm

Aggie_Ama
05-24-2006, 07:31 PM
I heard some people talking about it this weekend. A lot of people love this ride, but I hear the start is not organized. I rode the MS150 two years in a row and they move 13,000 people with ease. This ride has about 10,000 riders and they were saying it takes hours to start. What the guys were saying is they try to organize the start by distance to get the 100 milers out early, but it ends up being a giant mess. I have heard that about the MS150, but we got out quick. Other than the start all I have heard is how great the support is at the ride.

That being said I am not sure I could do 100 miles in August, but we are considering it. Wichita Falls is a long drive though!

denda
06-06-2006, 04:13 PM
My husband and I did the HHH in 2005. It was our first ride. The temp. that day was in the 70's. It took us 8.5 hours. We are 47 and 50 years old. I loved the ride. The rest stops were great. Everyone was VERY nice and friendly! We plan on doing it again this year. I know we will not be as lucky as last year as far as the weather is concerned. I'm sure it will be in the 100's this time.