PDA

View Full Version : My Bike Is In!!!!!!

trekchic
09-04-2003, 07:56 AM
Finally after weeks of waiting.....I just got the call that I can pick up my bike today! I am so excited.

It is blue/silver and painted exactly like the postal team's bikes from the Tour de France! I got the TREK 1500 racing bike.

So, now, I am off to pick it up and ride for the rest of the day! Or at least for an hour which is all I can stay on it right now! I'm such a beginner!

Haha!

emily_in_nc
09-04-2003, 08:41 AM
Congratulations, Kim!

I know you've been anxiously awaiting your new baby.

ENJOY!!!! :)

Emily

trekchic
09-05-2003, 08:09 AM
I AM IN CYCLING HEAVEN (to quote a friend of mine!)!!!!!!!

I rode about 15 minutes last night, it was getting too dark. Then, this morning, I rode about 45 minutes! I LOVED it!!!! I am on my way, too. I went a lot faster than I thought I'd be able to, and farther. I didn't get too tired, but I ran out of time...had to get to work. I am definitely going to ride this evening when I get home. I am "ALL EAT UP WITH IT!"

I have found a race team to train with. I have to get about 250 miles under my legs and then start riding with the group in a couple of weeks. There are between 45 and 60 of them and they range from 18 years old to 55 years old....... some guys, some women. That fits me exactly! I am so excited. I am getting my computer mounted Monday, so I'll be able to train on my own better and know exactly how far I am going and how fast. I am looking at a heart monitor, too.

OH-MY-GOSH....... I am going to need a 2nd job to pay for all of this stuff!!!!!!!!

Kim in TN