PDA

View Full Version : Not being able to schedule any races... sucks.

KSH
05-22-2006, 12:27 PM
UGH!

I hate having to wait... to learn how to run!

I know I need to... and that it will be the best thing for me in the end... but all these great races are coming up and I can't be in any of them.

Even though I don't like the thought of it, I am thinking that I might sign up for one or two, with the knowledge that I will be walking the entire run. It will kill me though... to walk the entire way. In my head, not running at all, is not an option.

I meet with my coach again tomorrow, maybe I will get closer to running again.

Thanks for listening to my whine.

Lise
05-22-2006, 02:20 PM
You are putting in the effort to be a true athlete. Our discipline comes, sometimes, in not doing what we want to do now, so we can do it well, later. Consider this part of your sacrifice. It will make the races you do run all the sweeter. Hang in there. L.

ptsheridan
05-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Hang in there. It will be worth it in the long run and your body will be stronger and ready for running. Be patient and the day will come where you can run strong and feel great.

btchance
05-25-2006, 08:03 PM
KSH, I'm so sorry you can't do any races right now, but think, in the future you will be able to do a number without the injuries you've been dealing with. I know it's hard, but you can do it, I promise.

KSH
05-26-2006, 06:02 AM
Thanks for tolerating my whining. I appreciate it. I know it will be all good... very soon.

I hope I can schedule a race soon though... not having anything on my calendar is making me LAZY! I have only swam 1 hour this month. Very sad.

Nanci
05-26-2006, 07:45 AM
Could you at least sign up for some bike rides?

Nanci

KSH
05-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Could you at least sign up for some bike rides?

Nanci

Well, I am planning on doing Hotter Than Hell/100 in August. It doesn't seem to be motivating me though.

And, I was such a lazy butt today... I should have done my running drills... and didn't. It was my day off... so I enjoyed being lazy. BAD GIRL!

There is a 1 or 2 mile lake swim I can sign up for in August as well... and I am thinking about that. BUT... I will be dead last out of the water. I am pretty good swimmer... but all the times from last year are about 20 minutes ahead of my 1 mile time.

So, I will sign up for that as long as I can handle being dead last. I will get lots of cheers... so it might be kind of fun.

And it is getting HOT here. I am going to start doing a Fri and Sun morning open water swims. Those should be fun. I think in about 2-3 weeks the water will be warm enough!