PDA

View Full Version : Advice on how to eat before ALC

shadon
05-21-2006, 12:55 PM
so...two more weeks before ALC. I know that i'll pay attention to hydration, but is there anything I should pay attention to food wise that will help me fuel up for the ride?

Trek420
05-21-2006, 01:20 PM
I'd just eat a balanced diet: rest, hydrate like crazy, rest some more, eat eat eat ....

If there is food that you like to eat before you ride bring it day 1.

There will be food at the ride start: usually Danish, Bagels, juice, no coffee.

I ate oatmeal for breakfast every day on the ride along with anything else that seems good (this belongs in the "don't eat the" thread but don't eat the chicken-fried steak for breakfast, too greasy) Anyway oatmeal every day on the ride so on day 0 I brought TJ's oatmeal scones with me.

On the ride the coffee ranges from deplorable to halfway decent. I think that's purposeful because it dehydrates. Other than that the food's pretty good.

If you simply can't ride without good coffee I know that Velo Girl Julie Brown brings a French Press and Peets on the ride. Others find a place to stop on the way out of camp~that's not always feasable. Or stock chocolate covered espresso beans. On ALC3 I skipped coffee the entire ride :eek: on 4 I had once cup each morning and I did much better.

Like the skinnier tires: why train? Drink coffee, get lighter wheels. :D