PDA

View Full Version : Specialized Dolce Comp, anyone?

GLC1968
05-20-2006, 06:56 PM
I think I've found my new bike. I'm still shopping around a little, but I really like this one... I have very short legs and the 44cm seems to work well for me. It's the 2006 and will have to be ordered for me (I test rode the base model Dolce for size).

Does anyone have any experience/opinions on this bike?

Thanks!

Selkie
05-21-2006, 12:49 AM
I have the '05 Comp. It's a decent bike, except I've found the Dura Ace components temperamental at times (end up trimming). I rode it daily through the last part of winter and it held up well. Surpringly enough, I didn't have to replace the chain or anything when she went in for her spring tune up about a month ago.
Have you checked out the Bianchi Eros Donna? It's a much nicer ride for a comparable price, and I love those campy components!

GLC1968
05-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks, Mickchick!

I did try the Bianchi, but found it was too small for me (well, too short of a top tube). I still haven't ordered the Specialized just yet, but I'm definitely leaning that way. I have a Trek and a Cannondale to try later this week at another shop....so we'll see!

Oh, the 2006 Dolce Comp does not use Dura-Ace any longer, it has the new Shimano 10-speed 105's. The Dura-Ace components are used on the Ruby line (well, on some of them). :)

Thanks for the input!

ladyfish
05-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Hey Suzanne;

I have a question about bike sizing. I saw that you got your Bianchi in 50cm. What size is your Specialized? Is it the 48cm? The reason I ask is because I compared the geometrys on both because of the comment about size and it seems like the 50cm Bianchi more closely matches the 48cm Specialized!

Also--where did you buy the Bianchi?

We still need to go for a ride--although I'm still a certified newbie!!