PDA

View Full Version : Buying my first road bike...

crazycanuck
05-20-2006, 01:22 AM
Hey there,

My friend just texted me to tell me she's buying my old mtn bike...So here goes the quest to find a road bike...

Can you ladies tell me much about

Felt-
specifically the F-90 & f-100?

Giant
Giant ocr2
Giant Aero 1-compact frame

Cytek..

Í have no clue about road bike componentry & i try and understand from you ladies here but still clueless...

My aim is to ride the road bike for training for Tri's and mtn biking..Fitness basically.

Do any of you ride any of the bikes mentioned above???

I trust you ladies to tell me straight...

Tanks

cheryl

RoadRaven
05-20-2006, 12:15 PM
I have a Giant TCR aero... its a small frame size - I am 5'10"

It fits me beautifully and I wouldn't change it - so I would def recommend.

I also have a Scorpio RA200, its a medium frame, and I thought I really liked it until I hopped on my new Giant. The Scorpio doesn't fit as well - have decided its the top tube - its a bit long for me.

In relation to my back, I am told I have long legs (for a woman).

I prefer the shorter cranks on the giant - but my seat post is out as far as it can go.

I think the giant would be a good tri bike, but def not for off-roading - too light.

Face it CC, you'll have to get twobikes!

Have fun shopping, Krazee lady - and yep, we hear you, you are def NOT becoming a roadie...

Road *falling off chair in fit of maniacal laughter* Raven

crazycanuck
05-21-2006, 03:59 AM
RoadRaven...When we visit NZ at christmas i'm going to make a point of driving from Rotorua to Napier/hastings just to blow raspberries at you.......:D

I'm not becoming a roadie....i need a road one as don't have a training bike for during the week. The Scott does not see tarmac...

c

DirtDiva
05-21-2006, 04:24 AM
Don't worry canuck - if you start to become a fully-fledged roadie, the mtb brigade will throw clods of mud at you to remind you of your roots. ;)

RoadRaven
05-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Hey there CC, if you make it here, I'll serve you up some raspberries (I think my new berry bushes will be fruiting then???)

Seriously though, how's the hunt going?

crazycanuck
05-22-2006, 04:50 AM
Hi road raven,

Well,the bike search is on hold at the moment...(i am looking at one on wed-thanks mellic!)

I can't run nor bike but maybe swim as i have a frozen hand along with the bottom of my right foot plus funny knee & leg pain..I noticed i couldn't feel the bottom of my right foot on sat after the group road ride. My hand went numb in the pool this morning. Typing is agonizing with my right hand.

I mentioned in antother post that it boils down to two or three reasons-not taking my thyroid medication(just plain forgetting), the road bike i borrowed & the position i hold my neck in and it affecting my posture at my workstation. (i've been to the dr & physio...it's under control i think...)

I'm leaving it at that for now as typing is starting to bug me

c

crazycanuck
05-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee.:D :)

I found a bike...not just any bike but Mellic's VERY VERY well cared for 2004 Giant OCR1(not ocr2 ooops).....

It's a small 44cm compact frame....about as small as i'm going to be able to find without spending more on a road bike than my nice black machine...

All i need to do now is learn how to ride the blue machine properly! It's just so nice to look at and i'd hate to break it!

Mr black scott machine & mrs blue giant machine will now compliment eachother....zooooooommmmmm..(and that's without any coffee...)

c

RoadRaven
05-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Hey there
A riding friend of mine has recently bought herself almost exactly the same bike
Excellent find, CC
Enjoy
:)