PDA

View Full Version : Just another thread about chocolate

Lise
05-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Nine words for you:
Hersheys Extra Dark Chocolate with Cranberries, Blueberries, and Almonds.

oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................:D

bikerz
05-17-2006, 04:31 PM
That sounds almost "good for you" - with the antioxidants and what-not...

(I do have a weakness for for Peet's chocolate covered blueberries - mmm - and I'm not really much of a sweet-eater)

roughingit
05-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Mmmm...I had those when they first got to my old town, very nummy!

Lise
05-17-2006, 06:47 PM
I mean! Hersheys! How could it be so good? :confused: Yet it is! :D Anti-oxidants! Two servings of fruit! Almonds are high fiber! The perfect food! :p And if you caught my whine, I mean thread, about wanting salt, not sweet, you know that I generally prefer Fritos to Hersheys. But oh, my goodness. This is fab-u-lous.

maillotpois
05-17-2006, 07:59 PM
For once, a chocolate that doesn't appeal. I do not like to mix fruit with chocolate.

bcipam
05-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Not even chocolate covered raisins??? Or how about strawberries dipped in chocolate? Heaven!

Lise
05-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Not even chocolate covered raisins??? Or how about strawberries dipped in chocolate? Heaven!
More for us! More for us! :D

caligurl
05-18-2006, 02:10 PM
chocolate peanut butter!!!!!!!!! YUM!!!!!!!!

yellow
05-19-2006, 06:08 AM
Lise, when you pass thru SLC, I'll need to take you to my place of employment. I hand dip chocolates for a living. :D

(The business doesn't have a website as we can hardly keep up with local demand, but here is a little info (http://svc.travelocity.com/promos/localsecrets_bigfinds_utah/0,,TCYCA,00.html)on the operation; scroll down to "Hatch Family Chocolates", or read this article (http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635201855,00.html), which recently appeared in the local paper. Shameful plug, I know!)

Lifesgreat
05-19-2006, 06:44 AM
Lise, when you pass thru SLC, I'll need to take you to my place of employment. I hand dip chocolates for a living. :D

(The business doesn't have a website as we can hardly keep up with local demand, but here is a little info (http://svc.travelocity.com/promos/localsecrets_bigfinds_utah/0,,TCYCA,00.html)on the operation; scroll down to "Hatch Family Chocolates", or read this article (http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635201855,00.html), which recently appeared in the local paper. Shameful plug, I know!)

And you will be bringing samples to LRRH? :rolleyes:

AuntieK
05-19-2006, 06:57 AM

Hmmm...I may need to make an unexpected trip to SLC soon! :rolleyes:

mtbdarby
05-19-2006, 01:28 PM

Strawberried dipped in chocolate port wine syrup is the best thing this side of Heaven to me. Hmmmmmmmm

Lise
05-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Oh My Goodness! I need a new career! Then again, my current career is what's bringing me to SLC, where I'll get to sample the fruits of your labors!

For those not in the know, which would be anyone but me and Yellow...I'll be in SLC over Memorial Day, for the annual American College of Nurse-Midwives convention. Lots of CEUs, hopefully some exploring of SLC, and some handmade chocolate with Yellow! Whoo-hoo! Life is good!

snapdragen
05-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Yellow is my new best friend.

yellow
05-20-2006, 02:31 PM
And you will be bringing samples to LRRH? :rolleyes:
I will try...they most likely will be available at Casa Yellow after the ride as fine chocolate must be kept at the proper temperature, you know. We make only small batches and there aren't many rejects (aka "samples"). I'll see what I can do! ;)

It's worth a visit to the shop to get either a carmel crispy (layer or rice crispy treat, layer of caramel, layer of marshmallow, another layer of crispy treat, top half dipped in chocolate. Available with nuts as well) or the twice dipped pretzels: stick pretzels dipped in caramel and then in chocolate. The carmel at the shop, which we make there from scratch, is the best I've ever tasted.

Oh, and also available: both dried and fresh blueberry clusters, dried cranberry clusters, fresh dipped strawberries, and fresh raspberry clusters. It's a pretty decadent place. Good thing I don't like chocolate all that much!

SadieKate
05-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Um, is there any way to bring a wee bit home in a cooler (say on a plane)? Snapdragen, you may need to negotiate with Jo, as she's your nearest TE LRRH participant. Better come up with a good plan.;)

A sense a field trip in the works for MIL.

Lise
05-20-2006, 04:29 PM

And Yellow is MY new best friend, too!

;)

yellow
05-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Um, is there any way to bring a wee bit home in a cooler (say on a plane)?
Ach! I see I have some educatin' to do. No refrigerator. Too much moisture. Those flying would be better off just taking a box in their carry on. Just make sure you put it in an overhead very far away from your seat so you aren't too tempted!

Last night after dinner I rewarded myself (for a century well ridden) with a piece of dipped fudge (that would be fudge dipped in dark chocolate). I've decided that a dipped fudge is better than a truffle.

DirtDiva
05-21-2006, 08:05 AM
Just thought I'd chime in and send a little more cupboard love yellow's way. :D

margo49
05-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Actually the best way to air-transport chocolate is in the cargo. It is cold up high in the sky, you see.
Only problem is that you might get a little "bloom" on the choc. (Bloom is the technical term for that white film on the surface)
But if you stuff as many as you can into a thermos -flask you would avoid the temp changes as you take off and land (or crash) and no bloom.

snapdragen
05-21-2006, 12:23 PM
wha...huh....did someone say something.....hello, I must have gone into euphoria land thinking of dark chocolate dipped fudge......

!!! DARK CHOCOLATE DIPPED FUDGE !!!

JoyfullySo
05-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Please stop... you all are making me HUNGRY!!!!!!!

snapdragen
05-21-2006, 07:05 PM
but.......

DARK CHOCOLATE DIPPED FUDGE!!!!

SadieKate
05-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Oh gosh, dark chocolate fudge. You had me at "dark chocolate." :o :p

Ach! I see I have some educatin' to do. No refrigerator.I know the fridge is bad but having tried to carry speciality chocolates home before during the summer, a cooler is better than a melted gob of expensive goo and the cooler doesn't have to have ice in it, just the insulation helps. And we have a long drive home (not that any would make it past Tooele).

jobob
05-21-2006, 07:29 PM
I'll see what I can do, snap :cool:

I'll owe you big time for help with our car for Sierra to the Sea, anyhow.

Is it safe to assume you might have something of a hankering for yellow's DARK CHOCOLATE DIPPED FUDGE ?

just a guess of course

jobob
05-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Uh, Kim, by any chance could I talk you into side trip on Friday afternoon after we pick up the rental car in SLC ?? :D

I'll just need to figure out how not to eat it all before I bring it home :rolleyes:

SadieKate
05-21-2006, 07:53 PM
We're thinking FIELD TRIP!!!!! I think my MIL would like to go.

snapdragen
05-21-2006, 08:10 PM
I was afraid I was too subtle.....:o

I'll see what I can do, snap :cool:

I'll owe you big time for help with our car for Sierra to the Sea, anyhow.

Is it safe to assume you might have something of a hankering for yellow's DARK CHOCOLATE DIPPED FUDGE ?

just a guess of course

jobob
05-22-2006, 05:33 AM
subtle as a sledgehammer :D

maillotpois
05-22-2006, 04:48 PM
It's worth a visit to the shop to get either a carmel crispy (layer or rice crispy treat, layer of caramel, layer of marshmallow, another layer of crispy treat, top half dipped in chocolate. Available with nuts as well)

snapdragen
05-22-2006, 05:13 PM

Let's all go visit our new best friend.....RIGHT NOW!! OK? Let's go, now, please........please with chocolate on top....

having another bad week........:(

aka_kim
05-23-2006, 08:09 AM
Uh, Kim, by any chance could I talk you into side trip on Friday afternoon after we pick up the rental car in SLC ?? :D Oh yeah. Dark chocolate dipped fudge? Forget the ride, I'm going for the chocolate.

Lise
05-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Let's all go visit our new best friend.....RIGHT NOW!! OK? Let's go, now, please........please with chocolate on top....

having another bad week........:(
Oh...yellow is our new best friend, new best friend, new best friend!
yellow is our new best friend, and so say all of we! And so say all of we! And so say all of we! (or is that "us"...? :confused: )

Everybody sing! :p

yellow
05-24-2006, 05:17 AM
WOW! I never had so many friends when I was just a regular ol', plain ol' urban planner. In fact I think I had enemies just based on my job title!

Oh, I forgot to mention that if you like nuts in your fudge, there is also a dark chocolate dipped walnut fudge version.

You could transport in a cooler with ice if you want...up to you. I'm just saying that if you want it to be pristine-ish, it should be transported lovingly on your lap with the AC on (in the car) or in your carry on baggage (on the plane).

I'm saving up rejects for the post ride bru ha-ha at Casa Yellow after LRRH. Mr. Yellow wasn't happy when I told him that container was off limits. :p But I brought him a less than perfect carmel-and-chocolate-dipped pretzel last night, so he was appeased for that moment, anyhow.

snapdragen
05-24-2006, 07:47 AM
Nutz! Dark Chocolate Dipped Fudge With Walnuts!!!!! Nutz! Nutz! I love Nutz!:rolleyes:

jobob
05-24-2006, 07:52 AM
duely noted :rolleyes:

SadieKate
05-24-2006, 08:02 AM
. . . it should be transported lovingly on your lap with the AC on (in the car) Ah, you thinking about driving west for 12 hours into the sun in the middle of summer? The sun is on our laps. Even stops for gas will drive up the temperature. :eek: This is usually when I let Mr. "I like to drive" go for it and I crawl into the back seat.

I just going to set it on top of some blue ice, not bury it in the stuff.

slinkedog
05-24-2006, 03:27 PM
I went to the store and I am a happy woman. 3 words...
Chocolate Avalanche Payday. They rock.

Lise
05-24-2006, 05:21 PM
I went to the store and I am a happy woman. 3 words...
Chocolate Avalanche Payday. They rock.
Wow. What a concept. I PRAY they don't put them in the vending machines at the hospital! :eek: :p L.