PDA

View Full Version : KHS mt. bike

dmp
05-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Back again for candid reflections on mt. bikes . . .

i'm going to buy a full suspension mt. bike and price is definitely limited (don't want to exceed $1500). I could get a KHS xc604 for a "smokin' deal."

However, i'm not familiar with KHS [have been looking at big brands-- Specialized, Trek/Fisher... not stoked on anything i've tried]. Any thoughts?

SadieKate
05-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Have you looked at a Santa Cruz Juliana? Cambria (they have a store in Auburn) has some good prices on these.

dmp
05-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Thank you for the bike shop referral... i haven't checked any Santa Cruz bikes. i'll take a peek.
My b-friend can get me a deal on a KHS. Unfortunately, i wouldn't be able to ride it first. i've checked out the components and my main concerns (suspension, rear derailleur) range from o.k. to decent on the KHS.

SadieKate
05-18-2006, 10:01 AM
You might check out Mike's Bikes also. I know nothing about them other than Bubba told me he saw their new and huge shop in Sacramento with tons of really high bling factor mountain bikes.

This may be where Mr. Trekhawk is looking at Ellsworths.

http://mikesbikes.com/index.cfm

dmp
05-18-2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks again . . . i called Cambria & spoke w/ Oliver (very nice guy). I'm going to try to test ride the Juliana tomorrow. After calling around, found it's hard to find a pre-assembled Juliana to test out. Luckily Cambria has one on hand.