PDA

View Full Version : Ellsworth Mountain Bike

Trekhawk
05-17-2006, 12:44 PM
My husband is thinking about getting a XC mountain bike and Ellsworth is in the running.

Any TE ladies riding an Ellsworth?

If so what do you think about them.

Thanks

Leslie

SadieKate
05-17-2006, 01:02 PM
They almost made my short list except they were significantly heavier in my short person size than the Titus Racer X.

Which one is he considering?

Trekhawk
05-17-2006, 01:07 PM
The one he is looking at is the Truth.

han-grrl
05-17-2006, 05:44 PM
An ex of mine was really into the ellsworth truth. it was his dream bike. and one day, we went to Boston, and right there, in the corner window display, with lights shining on it...there it was. i think heard angels sing. it was kind of a funny moment. :rolleyes:

bcipam
05-18-2006, 09:53 AM
He would be the envy of all his buddies... it's a great bike. Outfit it with Sram components, Hope hydraulic disc brakes, Crossmax wheels and he would be the King of Bling!!!!

Brina
05-18-2006, 11:35 AM
you probably already have, but did you check out the reviews on www.mtbr.com ?

Trekhawk
05-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Thanks girls and yep read the reviews at mtbr.com.:)

Cari
06-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Hey Trek,

Did your husband get the Ellsworth Truth? I found your post while searching the forum for advice and info on full-suspension mtb's.

I tried one last week and really liked the feel of it -- very plush in comparison to my hardtail! It also comes highly recommended by several mountain bikers I know, including a few bike shop owners, employees, and team members.

Unfortunately, I think the Truth might be out of my reach -- literally! I tried a size small and I found the top tube to be a tad higher than I'd like. I thought perhaps the XS would work, but according to the Ellsworth website, the standover height for all Truths is 28". I'm 5'4" with a 29" inseam, so that seems a bit too high for me. :(

If you guys got it, please let me know how it's been so far.

Thanks,

~Cari

Trekhawk
06-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Hey Trek,

Did your husband get the Ellsworth Truth? I found your post while searching the forum for advice and info on full-suspension mtb's.

I tried one last week and really liked the feel of it -- very plush in comparison to my hardtail! It also comes highly recommended by several mountain bikers I know, including a few bike shop owners, employees, and team members.

Unfortunately, I think the Truth might be out of my reach -- literally! I tried a size small and I found the top tube to be a tad higher than I'd like. I thought perhaps the XS would work, but according to the Ellsworth website, the standover height for all Truths is 28". I'm 5'4" with a 29" inseam, so that seems a bit too high for me. :(

If you guys got it, please let me know how it's been so far.

Thanks,

~Cari

Hi Cari
No we havent got one yet. My husband is still coming to terms with the cost. He is trying hard to justify it but keeps telling himself his hardtail is fine.
I on the other hand keep telling him to go for it. I feel guilty as he bought me a new road bike awhile back and went all out on it. Hmm maybe thats why he keeps grimacing at the cost he still hasnt gotten over the purchase of my bike. Sweet that he would splurge on me and then tell himself he really doesnt need a new bike.:)
I will keep working on him though and let you know if he makes the big purchase.:)

singletrackmind
12-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Funny, we were just talking about the hubby's Truth. He says get a Blur these days!
Really, he just said that.

He's got around 8,000 miles on his 2001 large frame and is strictly a cross country rider. No big drops and he doesn't race on it. So far he's been through 2 rear triangles and one front triangle (frame). The newer rear triangle does appear better built than its predecessor. It's built to the nines and a sweet ride, very little pedal bob going up, reasonable weight. The frames (at least that year) seem to run a little on the larger side.