PDA

View Full Version : Hope springs eternal!

Lise
05-15-2006, 07:01 AM
I was trying to post the nifty weather graphic for the next week in Chicago, in which it shows rainy until next Saturday, and then~~~~~~~~a big yellow sun over the weekend, with a high of 67 on Sunday. Sunday, the day of my first triathlon! But my cut and paste didn't work, so this thread is less visually appealing. :( Oh well. :rolleyes: I am happy. :D Sunny with a high of 67 means it will probably be a decent day for racing in the morning. I'm still taking all my cold weather clothes. Probably won't need them for the run, but I'll thank myself on the bike. Especially at the warp speed at which I'll be travelling on the Green Hornet! I'll be lucky if I don't suffer speed-induced frost bite! :eek: And there, TE girls, is your morning laugh. :p L.

KSH
05-15-2006, 07:27 AM
YES!

Happy to hear the weather will be perfect for your triathlon!

Just a week away! Can't wait to hear how FAST you and the Green Hornet went!

Running Mommy
05-15-2006, 07:31 AM
YEAY!! The weather godess is smiling on you!! :D SO happy to hear it.
It's funny, we are so fully into summer mode now that I can't fathom anything less than 70 degrees.
Here is our current temp at 8:30 am

Wind from 240 degrees @ 4.0 MPH Gusts to 4.0 MPH Temp 78F Humidity 28% Dewpoint 42F Pressure 1013.8 mb

Suppose to be about 102-103 today, but there are thin clouds obscurring the sun. Of course I don't mind THAT!! :p

Have fun this weekend. I'll be in nor cal, so I'm going to miss all the goings on, but I'll be thinking about ya!

Brina
05-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Glad to hear the weather is breaking in time for you to do your season's first tri.

I seriously considered joining you at this one, but I decided to go with my original plan and run a 5K that morning. It was only later that I realized dh and I are attending a black tie the night before. So, big decision - no alcohol at the black tie, or run the 5K with a hangover. hmmm, decisions, decisions.

Best of luck at your race.

Lise
05-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks, guys! I realized I've got a 12 hr day shift on Sat, so I'll be working until at least 10PM the night before the tri. No big deal. I'm such a slow swimmer that I'll be starting in one of the latest heats. All the better. More time to sleep in for me! :D L.