PDA

View Full Version : Last crits of the season

CR400
05-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Well my last two crits of the season were yesterday and today.
Yesterday's race was at a nice metroparks area. It had one good sized hill that was staged. Which was bad for me because I was only doing 8mph at the top. But it was followed by a fast decent with some really fast turns, with a 90 degree to the right and 200ft or so later a 90 degree to the left. Thought I was racing a motorcycle with the speed and leaning on those 90's. A few times it was so steep a lean I thought I might hit a pedal on the ground or wipe out.
As far as the race report I led the first two laps with a nice gap but didn't go out hard enough to get a good gap. I wasn't used to the start that women do with all the talking and little riding. I normally race with men which hammer for the first few laps. So I got dropped close to the big hill on lap three. I think they didn't really consider me a threat until I stayed away from them with such a big gap. I made the mistake of not drafting at that pathetic pace becuase once they caught up there was only the end left. I always fall off the back to much yo-yo pace.
Today I tried my first day of consecutive racing. This course had three kind of moderate hills, over and over for 50min. It was pretty uneventful for me. It was just the fact I normally take the day after a race off. Ended up fourth in points in that series though, so not to bad for my first season. Oh I averaged almost a 1mph faster on this course in the three weeks we did this course. Now on to the distance challenges. I have a 250 mile ride in July the farthest I have gone in a century.

Tuckervill
05-14-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm so impressed that you lead the pack.

Would you suffer a question from an ignorant newbie?

What does it mean when the hill is staged?

Karen

CR400
05-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Sorry, about that Tuckervill I should have said it was in sections. I think I may have just made up the term, not sure.

We would climb then it would flatten out and curve for a little bit then climb again.