PDA

View Full Version : Mommelisa, where are you???

tprevost
05-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Hey Melisa,

I haven't seen much of you on the boards and just wanted to see how things were going! Can't wait to hang out when you come to SD!!!

Trac'

mommelisa
05-15-2006, 03:46 PM
hey, trac! i'm alive, i'm alive - just been swamped with work and now i have sick kiddo at home. frankie has a fever AGAIN, so we were in the doctor's office today doing bloodwork. hopefully nothing will show up, but they're thinking maybe she's had mono this whole time. big bummer.

we're headed to coronado the last week of june. i cannot wait - have you seen the weather here?? 105 yesterday, its crazy. i rode malibu barbie (did i tell you i named her that?) but i went early, around 5:30 and was done by 7:30!

how's your training going??

tprevost
05-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Glad to hear you're alive over there! :p I was starting to get worried about ya! I heard from Denise that its starting to get warm so I'm sure that Coronado will be a welcome break - How's the weather at the farm in June?

I love the Malibu Barbie name - totally fits her! Training is going okay over here. I will probably not end up doing the 7/30 tri as I really overscheduled myself and am going to concentrate on the bike this year (of course this may change, give me 30 seconds! ;) ) I did a 68 mile organized ride last Saturday which is my longest ride to date; I had only done 2 rides of 40 miles as my longest prior to that and most have been in the 25'ish range... so I'm pretty happy with the 68. I will desparately need to get in a good long ride by the time you get here so I'm hoping I can talk you into taking the amtrak to Orange County and riding back to SD (I think its about 71 miles - Bikerchick68 did it earlier this year so if you're game, I'll get the details!) I'm also going to do a ride in Los Alamos on 7/22 if by any chance you'd like to come, let me know (not sure how long you'll be over here!). At this point, I'm aiming for the 100 miler but may drop to the metric (but probably not) if I'm still having trouble with the hand.... ugh, what a pain in the patutti this whole hand thing is! :rolleyes:

I'm so sorry Frankie is having all this trouble! But, if even if its Mono, it'll be better that its diagnosed rather than wondering if its something else. Poor thing, does she feel terrible too or is it just dragging her down? I'll keep her in my thoughts and send good vibes your way! How's the rest of the wild bunch? Mitch and Alex have both had Strep (Alex just got it today) but thankfully once they hit that 24 hour thing they usually feel fine and can go back to their 'normal' schedule - if there is such a thing! I'll have to tell you our school saga another time... kids are so exhausting :rolleyes:

Well, gotta go. Thanks for checking in! I hope Frankie feels better and I'll talk to ya soon!

Tracy

Running Mommy
05-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Hey MM- MAN! Sounds like you've been slammed! EEEE GADS! But I just had to chim in... If Frankie DOES have mono- No SUN!! I went into the sun w/ mono and ended up with the hives and SUPER sick. The doctor forgot to tell me that mono+sun=trouble!! :eek:
Anyhoo, hope it gets better soon! - on ALL fronts!
ciao
denise