PDA

View Full Version : Waahhhhaaaaaaa

Surlygirl
05-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Okay, we needed the rain but this is getting a little ridiculous. I can't believe I'm back inside on the trainer again in May. :mad: I don't know how those Washington and Oregon girls stay so cheerful. Make it STOP!!!!!

DeniseGoldberg
05-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Wow Jodi - it looks like we're on the same wavelength today. I must have been composing my ode to the weather wizard at the same time you were posting this!

I'm absolutely floored by the amount of rain we've already had - and I agree with you that this is ENOUGH!

--- Denise

Veronica
05-13-2006, 11:44 AM
My family in Maine is happy for the rain. I got an e mail from my sister-in-law about a fire that actually burnt dirt because it was so dry. A lot of them have wells that were dug by hand in pre machinery days, so they are hoping for a summer where the well doesn't run dry for a change.

V.

Surlygirl
05-13-2006, 05:02 PM
My family in Maine is happy for the rain. I got an e mail from my sister-in-law about a fire that actually burnt dirt because it was so dry. A lot of them have wells that were dug by hand in pre machinery days, so they are hoping for a summer where the well doesn't run dry for a change.

V.

Ah, no danger of that happening now. Its been dust bowl dry, so we did need the rain, but it's been raining for a week and the forecast for the next 10 days is rain. This past week was the first week I haven't ridden outside since March. :(

Patti37
05-14-2006, 03:24 AM
There is still no sign of the rain letting up. I hear it pounding against the house.

When I woke up this morning, we had lost power. I am afraid to go into the basement. We don't usually get water in the basement but with this much rain who knows.

I had planned a 43 mile ride yesterday and needless to say that was cancelled.

natheless
05-14-2006, 04:18 AM
Feeling the collective pain...

:(

And hoping that '10 more days of rain' forecast is just... wrong.

Maybe I should finally invest in a trainer...