PDA

View Full Version : Mass Red Ribbon Ride

nancielle
05-13-2006, 09:40 AM
For those who may be in the Berkshire County area (Massachusetts), and thinking of riding the Mass Red Ribbon Ride this year (Pittsfield to Boston), there will be a meeting on Tuesday, May 16th from 6-8 at the Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield. If you're interested and aren't able to ride, volunteers are always welcome! :D

massbikebabe
05-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Tell us more....

Cost?
Registration?
Who does this benefit??

thanks
karen

im4smiley
05-14-2006, 07:59 AM
It is a 1 or 2 day event in August. Benefits AIDS/HIV organizations in MA. 1st day is 75 miles from Pittsfield mA to Northampton ma. next day is 100 miles. to Regis College in Weston. Here is the website.

https://secure2.convio.net/aac2/site/SPageServer?pagename=homepage

nancielle
05-14-2006, 08:19 AM
This is the info from the Mass Red Ribbon Ride website:

General Ride Information
The 175 mile ride across Massachusetts will take place on August 12-13, 2006

The Mass Red Ribbon Ride is a collaboration among AIDS organizations in Massachusetts to raise funds and awareness for HIV/AIDS.

Funds raised will be distributed among the beneficiary agencies providing a variety of services to those living with HIV/AIDS throughout the state.

Ride Overview

One day ride options include: 50, 75 or 100 mile routes; Join us for 1 OR 2 days!

Approximate daily mileage is 75 (Saturday, August 12) and 100 (Sunday, August 13).

All meals, pit stops, medical/tech support and group overnight accommodations are handled by the event producer, AIDS Action Committee.

Cost
2 days, 175 miles = $1800 minimum, with raffle tickets awarded for every $100 raised over the minimum (prizes to be announced).
1 day = number of miles x $10 (example: Day One, 75 miles = $750 minimum).

The meeting on the 16th is for those in the Berkshire County area who'd like to participate (riders/volunteers). A portion of the money raised will go to the HIV/AIDS program at the Berkshire County Red Cross. The agency who organizes this event is the AIDS Action Committee
http://www.aac.org/site/PageServer

(Thanks to im4smiley for picking up the ball I dropped :( :) )

im4smiley
05-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Hey no problem Nancielle, glad I could help. I am doing a report on Red Ribbon ride for my Business communications class "final" I was supposed to be working on my report but..:rolleyes: ..I was checking out the forums instead.