PDA

View Full Version : 170 miles, 13,000 feet in one day

Lifesgreat
05-09-2006, 07:13 PM
For more info, contact Sundance Resort. I don't think I am ready for this one this year :o

R.A.N.A.T.A.D (Ride Around Nebo And Timp in A Day)

This ride will start at Sundance at 6:30am on Monday July 10th.

We will head down canyon through Provo working our way through
Springville,
Benjamin and into Payson. We will then head up and around the Nebo
Loop and
into Nephi. From Nephi we ride up through the valley to American Fork
and
up the Alpine Loop finishing back at Sundance.

The ride is approximately 170 miles with close to 13,000 feet of
climbing.

We will have 3 organized feedzones along the way. It is recommended to
bring enough food to keep you going between feedzones. The first
Feedzone
will be after the Nebo Loop. Second feedzone will be in Payson (Lunch
Feedzone) and third and last feedzone will be in Pleasant Grove.

There is a $25 entry fee that will get you a t-shirt and the 3
feedzones.

We will have a technician van following us for repairs etc.

We will also establish a cut off time for the last feedzone to insure
that
no one gets caught in the dark. Last year this ride took us over 9
hours of
ride time but closer to 10 hours of total time with feedzones etc.

yellow
05-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Gawd, too bad it's not 1-2 weeks later...would (kind of ) fit in to my training regime for Desperado (though it has more climbing than Desperado :eek: ). That week (July 10 week) is one of my "taper" weeks (I'm doing the periodization thing) and I think we were going to try to get away for a little backpacking during that "break".

How did you find out about the ride? From one of your tri buddies? Has s/he done the ride before?

Lifesgreat
05-10-2006, 05:50 AM
I got a group email from the Utah Velo Club (Utah County based bike club) www.utahveloclub.com or it may have come from the email list of the Timpanogos Triathlon Club (Utah County based tri club) www.timptriclub.com , I can't remember. It is the same person sending the email. You can sign up for email at their sites. The Sundance contact's name is Czar. Czar emailed the head of these clubs and told him about the ride.

AuntieK
05-10-2006, 07:29 AM
Ugh! Sounds like a pure sufferfest! Why did you have to post this? You know I'm going to want to do this now! It's all your fault, Lifesgreat! :p

yellow
05-10-2006, 07:38 AM
It just seems odd to me that it's not on the Cycling Utah list or Big Brother Cycling list. Makes me think that maybe it's more of a really long "club ride" as opposed to something like an organized C or double C.

Anyhoo, maybe next year. Hopefully the Tour de Fire in Vegas will be on next year too.

Lifesgreat
05-10-2006, 08:15 AM
Ugh! Sounds like a pure sufferfest! Why did you have to post this? You know I'm going to want to do this now! It's all your fault, Lifesgreat! :p

heh heh heh

:p

bikerchick68
05-10-2006, 03:40 PM
I don't live out there... but really they need to add something to the ride name with the words "death, or hell, or agony, or pain" :eek: You know... all those well named rides that non-climbers like me AVOID! Holy cow...

and only 3 SAG's??? brutal... just brutal. dang, my quads hurt just imagining this...:o