PDA

View Full Version : Danskin Orlando

JoyfullySo
05-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Is anyone going to be in the Danskin Orlando tri this weekend?

Has anyone ever done any of the Danskin triathlons? Did you enjoy it? This is going to be my first tri, and I am having a smidge of anxiety. Any infomation would be greatly appreciated!!

colby
05-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Has anyone ever done any of the Danskin triathlons? Did you enjoy it? This is going to be my first tri, and I am having a smidge of anxiety. Any infomation would be greatly appreciated!!

My mother in law did Danskin Seattle last year. They are very supportive! Lots of positive attitude, a low key environment, maybe even a little too much mushy "girl power" talk for some :) She had an awesome time, as did all of her friends that participated. She made me sign up for this year's event with her ;)

KnottedYet
05-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Yay! I'll be there, too.:D

Tri Girl
05-10-2006, 04:14 AM
Oh that series looks like so much fun!!!! I would love to do one of those, but they are nowhere near my home. I'm sure there's lots of "girl pride" talk and other stuff to get you pumped up!!! I hope you have a wonderful time, and please do tell all about it when you finish! They look like such a supportive and encouraging atmosphere! What a great way to complete your first tri!

JoyfullySo
05-10-2006, 05:35 AM
I will be glad to tell all...
Right now, I am nursing a low grade fever-kind of freaking out. I am about to juice a whole bag of organinc oranges, go to hubby's office to get a shot, and pray that this will go away by Sunday.

I have read that this is a good tri to start with. DH is kind of jealous that there isn't something similar for the men.But what would THAT be like?? Girls in bikinis at aid stations, cheerleaders with lots of hair and limited vocabulary, a little bit of wrestling to get to you bike at T1....hmmmm
am I making sweeping generalizations???;) (sorry for getting off track, just needed a distraction, I guess)

Would love to meet anyone who will be at the Orlando Tri...

KSH
05-10-2006, 07:22 AM
Sounds like you are going to do just fine.

Nerves always get me too! My poor tummy does a number on me everytime on race day.

I kept my nerves down for my last tri, by not really thinking about it too much in the days before.

Best of luck to you. Please give us a report... with pictures... when it's all done!