PDA

View Full Version : LRRH Bummer

tprevost
05-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Hi Ladies,

I am unfortunately going to have to cancel my LRRH trip. It is due to several things 1) my wrist is still recovering and although I'm sure I would survive, it aches severly on any ride longer than 30 miles 2) I haven't (and won't) be able to log as much mileage as I feel is necessary to comfortably complete the ride (I want to do the 100 and don't really want to invest the travel time for anything less) and 3) budget - with gas prices, my drive alone is over $300; making the trip a $500+ item. I know, just a bunch of excuses but I really wanted this trip to be a fun, light hearted event - It doesn't sound nearly as fun when I'm stressed about completing it as well as the budget issue.

I really signed up because I wanted to meet everyone so I'm going to be looking for another event to crash instead. I am looking forward to reading about everyone's experience and seeing LOTS of pictures!

Tracy

ps. if my entry is transferable, I'd love to let someone else use it who might not otherwise be able to go.

SadieKate
05-08-2006, 06:36 PM
That's too bad. I was looking forward to meeting you.

You suppose you could get up to NoCal for a ride later in the year if we gave you enough notice and incentive?

tprevost
05-08-2006, 06:55 PM
SK,

I am doing Healdsburg on 7/15 (this one is my VERY favorite!) and the Windmill Century on 7/22 (not quite norcal but about 1/2 way). At least w/those rides the hotel is free (DH's hotel points :D ) I was really looking forward to meeting you too! Although, I think I may have mentioned this, my sister lives in Davis so if I get up there to visit, I'll take my bike and see if I can grab you for a ride.

I am really having a hard time getting my schedule together this year. I was going to do a ride with Slinkedog and had to cancel that trip because I just had too much going on and had to turn around and leave again the day after I'd planned to get home. I'm the queen of overcommitting this year - I was just so psyched to have found this website and all of these great women and then w/my new bike that I think I just went a little overboard. I really hope my darned wrist gets better soon - the biggest issue is that it really hurts when I push left to downshift (and since I'm still quite the granny lover on the hills, this is a pretty big issue :o )

Anyway, I'm really bummed out and will really try to find another ride where I can meet everyone!

Tracy

SadieKate
05-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Don't worry. We're just getting into the swing of things. Lots of rides to come. Knowing you have cheap hotel digs that can probably accommodate last minute reservations is good.

Does your sister ride? If not, why not? :D

bikerHen
05-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Hey Tracy, sorry to hear you won't be making the ride. I know what you mean about the cost. It's a long and expensive way to go to ride your bike. :o
Anyway, I will miss meeting you. :( However, I will be in your neck of the woods in December for a wedding on the 31st. Since I'm not real keen on flying, I'm thinking about driving and bringing my bike along. :) We will be in Hemet and will be staying there the first week of January. So maybe we can meet up then. BikerHen

tprevost
05-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Hey Bikerhen!

Hemet is only about 20 minutes from me so It'll be really easy to connect! Keep me posted on your trip info as it gets closer! :)

SK - no my sister doesn't ride, not sure why. She and my BIL buy and sell houses and do a lot of work on those but not a lot of real exersize. They are quite a bit older than I am; probably not really a factor though.

Tracy

Veronica
05-09-2006, 04:16 AM
Well, that IS a bummer. I think a bunch of us are thinking about doing the Holstein Hundred on Aug. 19. Maybe you could make it to that. :)

V.

tprevost
05-09-2006, 04:53 AM
Veronica,

I'm going to be doing Cool Breeze on 8/19. I'd love to try the Holstein ride again though, I did it years ago and there was one last hill (coming east, I think, back to the starting area) that almost killed me! ;) I'm betting you know which hill I'm talking about! :p Are there any other rides between Aug 21 - October that you all will be riding?

Trac'

Trekhawk
05-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Sorry to hear you wont be coming to LRRH. Its a good idea to listen to your body though and give your wrist time to heal completely.

Hope to catch up with you on a ride in the future.

Leslie

PS On no poor Bikerhen really will be doing a lot of towing now without you along to help.:D

SadieKate
05-09-2006, 12:35 PM
SK - no my sister doesn't ride, not sure why. She and my BIL buy and sell houses and do a lot of work on those but not a lot of real exersize. They are quite a bit older than I am; probably not really a factor though.

TracyAge ain't got nuthin' to do with cycling!

Bubba is quite proud of his "undecided" haircoloring as he flies by someone.

Lifesgreat
05-09-2006, 07:14 PM
I am sorry you won't be able to make it. We will miss you.

bikerHen
05-09-2006, 09:28 PM
PS On no poor Bikerhen really will be doing a lot of towing now without you along to help.:D

No, no, Wait! You got that a bit backwards. I though YOU were going to be doing the towing Trekhawk. After all you have a Metric Century under your belt. :eek: :D bikerHen

Veronica
05-10-2006, 04:04 AM
Veronica,

I'm going to be doing Cool Breeze on 8/19. I'd love to try the Holstein ride again though, I did it years ago and there was one last hill (coming east, I think, back to the starting area) that almost killed me! ;) I'm betting you know which hill I'm talking about! :p Are there any other rides between Aug 21 - October that you all will be riding?

Trac'

Ahh... I'll be doing the Knoxville Double during that time. :D I haven't planned out any others.

V.

jobob
05-12-2006, 08:13 AM
Hi Tracy -

Sorry we'll be missing you at LRRH, but I hope to see you at Healdsburg !

- Jo.

tprevost
05-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Cool Jobob!

I'll figure out how to find you a little closer to the date!

T~