PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Floor Pump

Melody
05-07-2006, 10:06 PM
I went searching but I only found one thread that I thought had some ok information but really wasn't the same sooooooooooo I thought I'd start a new thread. :)

So, what is your favorite floor pump? And how do you fill your tires?

The one we have is a yellow Ascent floor pump. However, the cheap plastic dual valve has been replaced with a brass Silca dual presta/schrader valve (http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=BUY_PRODUCT_STANDARD&PRODUCT.ID=1135&CATEGORY.ID=47&MODE=). This is absolutely the best pump head that we've found and was recommended to us by numerous other people. If you already have a floor pump, you can get just this head and turn your pump into a Silca style pump. And every LBS I've visited (so far) has replacement O-rings for it gives out (1.5 years and still going strong here though).

As for filling, we place the valve at the 12 o'clock position, unscrew the presta valve, push it in momentarily to unseize it and just slip the head on top and begin pumping. After finishing we pull the head straight down so we don't get it caught in the valve which keeps us from destroying the nut. :)

Mel

Nanci
05-08-2006, 03:21 AM
I got BF the Topeak Twister Digital pump for Christmas- I covet it and use it all the time. I like the digital readout, and it pumps _fast_.

I have an old reliable Serfas that lives in my truck. You know how sometimes you just can't get a pump to seal, especially on a tire you're trying to mount? This pump will work on _anything_.

Nanci