PDA

View Full Version : $350 a good price for a used Trek 1000 WSD?

Brandy
05-05-2006, 05:50 AM
Hi everyone :)

I'm interested in getting a road bike for the first time ever and do not have the funds for a brand new bike. I have the opportunity to purchase a used Trek 1000 locally. She said she'd take $350 from me. Having never purchased a new or used road bike before, I'm wondering if this is a good deal.

Here's the ad...

Excellent condition ,54 cm. The bike fits people about 5 feet 6 or so..
WSD means womens specific design. (It really just means the top tube is a little shorter than regular. It actually doesn't say WSD on it anywhere, so would be just fine for a man)
Used less than 2 months , I bought it for my daughter who never rode it. Retail price was $629, I have the orginal receipt and owners manual.Trek has a lifetime warranty on the frame

barrb46
05-05-2006, 08:18 AM
Brandy,
The $350 for a Trek 1000 is a good deal. Hope you got it.

Barb

Brandy
05-05-2006, 09:54 AM
I haven't grabbed it yet. I want to get down to the LBS to make sure that it's the correct size. I'm 5'5, so I'm crossing my fingers. I already called down there and they have a Trek 1500 in 54 cm that they can fit me on. I was honest and told him I was planning to buy a used bike and just need to be fitted, but I promised I would buy my pedals from him :)

uforgot
05-09-2006, 08:24 PM
I may be wrong, but I think the lifetime frame warranty is only for the original owner.