PDA

View Full Version : First TT

AllezGirl
05-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Last Saturday I participated in my first ever Time Trial!!! It was such a cool experience....Philadelphia closes off West River Drive in the summer and for years, cyclists have been holding informal, volunteer-run time trials. The course is 8.35 miles. I was able to finish in 23.54 min. with and avg. speed of 21.28. This was such a rush and so fun...I would recommend the River Drive TT to anyone in the area who is even just a little curious about TT's!

Eden
05-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Last Saturday I participated in my first ever Time Trial!!! It was such a cool experience....Philadelphia closes off West River Drive in the summer and for years, cyclists have been holding informal, volunteer-run time trials. The course is 8.35 miles. I was able to finish in 23.54 min. with and avg. speed of 21.28. This was such a rush and so fun...I would recommend the River Drive TT to anyone in the area who is even just a little curious about TT's!

Congrats it sounds like you did great! Watch out you'll be completely hooked and suddenly all of your summer weekends will be spent racing bicyles :D .

RoadRaven
05-05-2006, 02:12 PM
So thats an average of 33.64km?
Damn good for your first TT

Well done
Look forward to hearing more results!

BikeMomma
05-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Awesome AllezGirl! Super avg speed! Glad you had fun your first time out. Keep at it!
~BikeMomma

gromit68
05-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Thats a great time for your first ride. I am a volunteer at the timing table for our local TT. We have it at the speedway and it is a total of 10 miles. I might actually get out for my first ride in the June one.:)

Starfish
05-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Wow, nicely done. I have never raced, but the TT has always attracted me. I know nothing 'bout nothing when it comes to racing, but your avg speed sounds fast!