PDA

View Full Version : IMAZ 07 is ON!!!!

Running Mommy
05-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Anyone care to join me next April 15th?? :D

"Tempe, AZ will host the third annual Ford Ironman Arizona on Sunday, April 15, 2007. As in previous years, athletes will be competing for 80 qualifying spots to the 2007 Ford Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii as well as a $75,000 pro prize purse."

ya KNOW you want too!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Lise
05-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Anyone care to join me next April 15th?? :D

"Tempe, AZ will host the third annual Ford Ironman Arizona on Sunday, April 15, 2007. As in previous years, athletes will be competing for 80 qualifying spots to the 2007 Ford Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii as well as a $75,000 pro prize purse."

ya KNOW you want too!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
WOOOOHOOOO!

Actually, I know I DON'T want to! But still, I am excited! You gonna do it RM??? Do I hear TE reunion???? :D L.

Nanci
05-02-2006, 02:12 PM
When's registration? You know, I'd _love_ to join you, but I don't have $400 and I can't leave the new babies alone...

Nanci

tprevost
05-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Come ON Melisa, sign up!!!! I'm the official cheerleader!!!! NEXT year I'm coming without kids so I can stay there the WHOLE time!!!! :p

Denise, I'm SO happy you are doing IMAZ again!!! YEAH!!!!

Lisa, Nanci????? Come on, start scrounging pennies for an airline ticket and help me yell!!!!

Trac'

Lise
05-02-2006, 08:16 PM
:D When I said, "I don't want to", I meant I don't want to travel 140.6 miles under my own power! Mainly I don't want to run 26.2 miles. Could we do an Ironman that ends with a nice little 5K? :rolleyes:

But I *DO* want to come cheer! Let's make it happen! :D :p :D

Running Mommy
05-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Well I just put the 480 clams down and am IN!! We have almost a year to plan on a sweet reunion! I would offer up my spare bedroom, but my cousin Terrie would probably KILL me! :D But I do have plenty of room, and enough couches to house at least 4 people. It could be a TE campout!!

As I was registering I kept thinking to myself " I can't believe after all the stress I went through, I'm going to do it AGAIN!!"... :p

Nanci
05-03-2006, 12:16 PM
This one will be easier, because now you know you can do it!!

maillotpois
05-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Yippee!! That's so great. The next one should be even better because you'll have the experience and confidence to really enjoy it! (Not that you didn't enjoy the first one - but its always nice to be able to tell yourself - "Hey, I've done this! I can do it again!")

Running Mommy
05-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Well the race itself may be "easier" (did I just use the term easy in reference to an IM??) but I suspect the training will be harder. With the first one everything is new. It's exciting- uncharted territory.. Dragging your butt out the door for your umpteenth 100/10 mile brick is going to be a BIG mental game!!
I'm hoping this doesn't happen, but it did w/ my 2nd mary, so I suspect this will be no different. Of course I also KNOW that IM is a distance you can't cheat in training. You either put in the miles, or you didn't. And if you didn't it will be either a really LOONNGG day, or a really short day- as in DNF. And since I didn't leave much room to give in the first race, I need to be looking for a big time PR! :p
I'm just hoping I can keep the motivation up. Ever since the race I've been super motivated to eat better and work on my fitness. I'm looking for a swim coach, been working on my bike, cutting out certain foods that I KNOW I shouldn't eat etc... I just need to keep this up!
sigh.. I wish they had a pill for motivation! ha ha

Lise
05-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Denise, it seems to me that your motivation just grows and grows. I know there are "down" days when it's hard to drag your butt out the door to do whatever. Taking a step back, though, and looking over your athletic life, you've done some progressively amazing things. I have a great deal of respect for the hard work you put in. Some get depressed after finishing a big goal. You've gotten more motivated. You're an inspiration to me. Thank you. Lise

Running Mommy
05-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks Lise (insert sheepish look) I didn't feel too strong today! Last Wednesday I got the dreaded call from the school "Spencer just threw up".. Well it was inevitible that *I* would get it too... At exactly 4:00 pm yesterday it hit. I went from feeling fine one moment to living in the loo the next!! UGH!:(
So today was alot of time spent couch surfing!! sigh... But luckily it was a 24 hour thing, so I'll be back at it tomorrow. Though the weather report calls for 20-30 mph winds! :eek: Good Kona training I suppose??!! OY!:cool:

Lise
05-04-2006, 02:38 AM
Thanks Lise (insert sheepish look) I didn't feel too strong today! Last Wednesday I got the dreaded call from the school "Spencer just threw up".. Well it was inevitible that *I* would get it too... At exactly 4:00 pm yesterday it hit. I went from feeling fine one moment to living in the loo the next!! UGH!:(
So today was alot of time spent couch surfing!! sigh... But luckily it was a 24 hour thing, so I'll be back at it tomorrow. Though the weather report calls for 20-30 mph winds! :eek: Good Kona training I suppose??!! OY!:cool:
Sorry to hear about the pukes. IMHO, 20-30 mph winds is good couch surfing training! Ah, but I think that's the difference: You're an Ironman, and I'm not! :rolleyes: Off to work--feel better soon. L.

KSH
05-04-2006, 07:47 AM
Well I just put the 480 clams down and am IN!! We have almost a year to plan on a sweet reunion! I would offer up my spare bedroom, but my cousin Terrie would probably KILL me! :D But I do have plenty of room, and enough couches to house at least 4 people. It could be a TE campout!!

As I was registering I kept thinking to myself " I can't believe after all the stress I went through, I'm going to do it AGAIN!!"... :p

Where exactly in Arizona does this happen? I have relatives in Phoneix... I think. It might be interesting to travel with my Dad in the RV to visit them... and to watch you in the IM! Sounds like a nice trip.

Yea... I might be there doing it in like 2010... I have so many more milestones to accomplish before I take on such a huge undertaking.

Hey, you mentioned the 10 mile loop that you do... aren't there groups or other areas you could ride to get your 100 miles in? I can't imagine doing 10 loops like that... talk about mind numbing. But it certainly does prepare you mentally for the race!