PDA

View Full Version : 2007 bike models

marci
05-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Does anyone know when companies start releasing/selling 2007 models? I am about to purchase a Trek 1500 wsd and was wondering when they might come out with newer ones (mainly because I'd like to know what color it will be and if I should wait if I really like that color better) Thanks for any input!

sharynleigh
07-14-2006, 07:11 AM
I just bought a 2007 Raleigh Venture 3.0. Love it!! You can't find it online but bikeshops have the catalog.

annie
07-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Does anyone know when companies start releasing/selling 2007 models? I am about to purchase a Trek 1500 wsd and was wondering when they might come out with newer ones (mainly because I'd like to know what color it will be and if I should wait if I really like that color better) Thanks for any input!

Often, the new models come out when the company is out of the previous year models. (If the new ones are ready.) Trek often runs out of this year's model early to late summer. I'd ask at your LBS as to when the 2007 models will be out and if they know the color/specs on the bike you are interested in.

annie

SJCzar
07-14-2006, 10:10 AM
My LBS has started getting some 2007 Trek's in...but they haven't received any big shipment yet....just some trickling in.

Rider Mom
07-25-2006, 07:29 PM
i just got a Trek 3700 at the end of June, it is the 2007 model. Apparently, when I got it I thought it was an older model, like last years..or even 2004.

I use my American Express Membership Rewards points to redeem for my bike, expecting the metalllic blue/silver color model to arrive, only to find a matte ALL black bike in the box. I, being a girl did not want an all black bike. I did some investigating on the box (came via UPS) and found dates such as a hand written March 2005 on some inspection label from China?..(this may have been an error in terms of the year), and also a computer printed label on the box that said April 2006. I then called the store in Connecticutf rom which it actually came from cuz that address was on the label. I told them of the matte black color which is NOT listed as any of the 2006 color choices and I was told it was the 2007 model because they were out of the 2006 model Trek 3700 model bikes already. To verify if this guy said was true,..I called 1-800-Try-Trek and they verified via my serial # that it was indeed a 2007. I found this astonishing since barely half of the 2006 was over and I was already receiving the 2007 models,..So, therefore it is true that perhaps bike companies only make a certain amount of bike styles,..and once sold, they release the next models???

The funny thing is that there are no specs on this 2007 model bike, not even on Trek's website, nor could the store from which it came from have it. The paper work that came with the bike didn't even have it.. just a product registration form and how to assemble the bike. I called 1-800-Try-Trek again and a guy told me the specs for my 2007 model will be up on their web soon, but the difference he said were better brakes and I think,..gears.

Since it was 2007 model, I kept it, but I still would have preferred a different color. They said the 3700 is only available in matte black right now..no other color. Also, Trek's decal looks different..like a washed out rugged look.

dingster1
07-29-2006, 01:10 PM
Kona has 2007 models on its website now. Interesting.

cignus99
08-28-2006, 08:23 PM
I know I'm a little late in my response, but I just visited one of the lbs in my area in search of a 1500 and was told trek is no longer going to make a 1500 WSD, but has come out with a 1600 which is a 10 speed instead of 9 speed and costs about $200 more than the 1500, and is available in the same color as the 1500 WSD.

roguedog
08-28-2006, 08:36 PM
oooh.. test rode a 1600 and I liked it much better than the 1500.. course it's more $ as well. Just seemed smoother.

It's cuz of the 1600 that I bounced my pricepoint up and started looking at that category of bikes. I was just looking for an entry level bike of some sort (hybrid, fitness, commuter, tourer).

Oh and I did like the color better on the 1600. The 1500 seemed more baby blue whereas the 1600 is more like a crystal blue sky color. .. a more "pastelly" blue kinda.

Triskeliongirl
08-29-2006, 05:36 AM
Do be aware that new isn't always better. Some years they downgrade the parts due to increased costs, etc., and usually they discount the current year as the new years bikes arrive (i remember this happening with the trek5200). One of the best ways to get a good value on a bike purchase is to buy an older version. The longer it sits in the LBS, the cheaper it gets, as does the probablity that someone else will buy it.

CorsairMac
08-29-2006, 11:20 AM
My understanding form my local Trek dealer is Sept.

Most of the dealers already have them in stock because my new Trek 1000 is a 2007. I got it because it was the only 47 cm Trek in the whole city! :D