PDA

View Full Version : Roubaix Pro: I'm in love

bikerbarb
04-29-2006, 04:34 PM
I think I found the bike for me. Of course my LBS put me on this model Roubaix to try out their line, knowing that I'd fall in love with the Dura-Ace components including wheels. He's offering it to me for a really great price--almost $1000 less than MFSP. Ok, it's not a bright color, but whoo hoo. ANyone have any experience with it--esp.anything you loved, didn't like, any comparable I should consider before making the plunge?
THis is to mark my 50th Birthday this summer--I'm looking for a bike for the second half of my life!

slinkedog
04-29-2006, 05:39 PM
i have a 2004 Roubaix Elite and I love my bike. My only gripe is the Ultegra shifters or maybe the triple ring derailleur... I have some shifting issues. Otherwise, great ride!! :)

bikerbarb
04-29-2006, 05:54 PM
That is the same bike my husband recently got--and the 04 model, too. He loves it.

I have always had shifting 'issues' with my Jamis Aurora bike, though it was better after I just had the drive train replaced after 2 years and 5000 miles. Till yesterday when I had the worst chain suck I ever experienced. Luckily I carry a grease rag.

Smooth shifting is my priority, too, that's why I want to upgrade to Dura Ace components. And I like the fit of the Roubaix. It is hyped as for speed and distance, which is what a want--to be able to do century rides, but not left behind in the dust.

I know I will have to find a new seat, the one on it is just plain nasty. (I know, I know, see other saddle threads...)