PDA

View Full Version : I'm SUCH a dork!!!

Running Mommy
04-29-2006, 10:42 AM
So today I got out on a fab 2 hour jaunt. I was stoked because in 2 hours I rode 31.5 miles, above average for me. And this was despite a nasty wind blowing from what felt like the east.. Typical AZ wind...It seems it's ALWAYS windy here.. sigh..:rolleyes:
Anyhoo, I must have been feeling quite smug, because as I pull up to the front of the house I unclip my right foot and step down. And... well I'm sure you know where this is going...:cool: I guess my mind forgot to tell my left foot to unclip. The next thing you know I'm leaning to the left to put the other foot down, but it's still clipped in and WHAM! down I go... RIGHT IN MY OWN DRIVEWAY!!! :o
So I feel like a total fool. Manage to get my bike off me, pop up, inspect the damage, not too much, so off I went to change for my run. Yeah I took a layer of skin off my knee and elbow, but that wasn't gonna stop me from bricking my ride. It stung a bit, but I managed to get my 3 miles in w/ no real pain. It mostly just stings. No real wounds unless of course you count my pride. LOL
Luckily no neighbors were out to witness it!! OY! That would have been a story for them to banter about!! :D

RoadRaven
04-29-2006, 06:21 PM
LOL Running Mommy... I have done just this very thing too
Luckily, I live in the country and no neughbours to see me... but have been seen my partner and sons...
:p

tprevost
04-29-2006, 06:26 PM
see how ya are???

You can finish an Ironman but ya can't stay upright in your own driveway!

HA! okay, just teasin' ya! :D

T~

Dianyla
04-29-2006, 07:08 PM
If anyone had seen you, you could always claim a story like:

"Well, you see, I spend most of my time on the bike. I'm not accustomed to actually stopping riding and getting off the bike, you see..." :cool:

Brina
04-30-2006, 05:04 AM
in a bizarre kind of way it makes me feel betterr to know that iron women do it to.

KSH
04-30-2006, 05:14 AM
:D

Well... it happens! At least no one saw you.

Lise
04-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Ha! Jayne W. talks about "Post-race stupidity syndrome", which, in the case of an Ironman, would last about a month, minimum. :rolleyes: Hope you're healing up quickly, and glad to hear you're back in the saddle, so to speak. :p L.

Running Mommy
04-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Ohh Brina you would be SHOCKED at the stupid things I've been doing lately!! :p
I think that IM sucked some brain cells from me!!
Tonight we took the nobbies out as a family after dinner (how quaint I know :D ). Well everytime I stopped I had to remind myself that I wasn't clipped in! My mtn bike just has platforms!! :D I kept trying to swivel my foot to unclip! If only my brain would have sprung to action on saturday!!! :confused: