PDA

View Full Version : Tape to change shape of road bar

juvel01
04-24-2006, 06:58 AM
I'm sure someone else has already tried this, but I thought I would share. If any women out there have really small hands, sometimes its hard to find a good place in the drops without feeling like your hands are sliding down. My mechanic (who is also my SO), unwrapped my bar and then took about a 10 inch piece of bar tape and wrapped it right below where my hands settle and then taped the bar back as normal. It looks kind of wierd because it looks like my bar has a wart on each side but WHAT a difference it made! Anyway, if anyone is interested, its cheaper than a new bar and really helped keep my hands where I want them to be. I can post a picture if anyone is interested.

Ninabike
04-24-2006, 11:20 AM
That's a really great idea!! Think I'll try that.

Aggie_Ama
04-24-2006, 02:58 PM
That is good idea. I have Salsa Short and Shallow bars which have a small bump. They are so comfortable in the drop! I think this may be what you are describing.

Kalidurga
06-11-2006, 06:07 PM
juvel01, could you post the picture of that wrap? There's a bend in my drops just where I put my hands, and I'm thinking that what you've described would smooth out the bend. I'd like to take the pic in to my tech guy so he can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

Tiffanie
06-11-2006, 06:42 PM
http://www.tinklebelle.com/Smilies/images/ttiwwp.gif

A pic would be great. :o

juvel01
06-12-2006, 05:31 AM
Ok, will do, I just have to find my digital camera (my husband takes it to work and it ends up on his bench with all his tools....).