PDA

View Full Version : Joshua Cohen's article about women & saddles

mimitabby
04-21-2006, 07:23 AM
http://www.roadbikerider.com/bookstore.htm#eArticles_

I spent 4 dollars to read this article. It gives you a download of an 8 page PDF file.
It is quite informative and will teach you more than you ever wanted to know
about your anatomy and what the bike saddle is doing to it.

Mimi

Aint Doody
05-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Mimi, Was the article worth paying $4 for? I'm so tired of researching. And it seems just when I think I have the answer for my bootie, it starts being painful again. Maybe it's this aging thing.....

stella
05-08-2006, 12:35 PM
mimi, ditto what aint doody says: I just downloaded the article. excellant information!

CatGirl
05-09-2006, 06:34 PM
I thought it was very informative. Are you aware of any saddles that have the "abrupt transition" Cohen recommends? I'm looking, looking, looking for the right saddle!

CatGirl
05-11-2006, 04:40 AM
What I'm asking is can anyone recommend a saddle that is wide enough for the sit bones but narrows dramatically (rather than gradually) for free leg movement? This is supposed to encourage riders to sit back far enough. Which has been my problem! Making my sensitive bits unpleasantly numb resulting in time off the bike at the gyn office. :(

Any help is appreciated. :)

mimitabby
05-21-2006, 05:29 AM
cat girl
i am late answering this; but take a look at the brooks b67!

mimitabby
05-21-2006, 05:29 AM
Mimi, Was the article worth paying $4 for? I'm so tired of researching. And it seems just when I think I have the answer for my bootie, it starts being painful again. Maybe it's this aging thing.....

I am sure that it is worth the price of two cups of coffee, YES!

Nokomis
05-31-2006, 12:02 PM
:confused: ?!?:confused:

I found this was great info ~ except I still don't know Where my sit bones should hit the saddle. I measured out at 7", or roughly 177.8mm bone to bone. From the one diagram that shows sitbones w/ a saddle outline (marked with points A and B, don't recall which page) it seems the sit bones should be almost central on each hemisphere of the saddle's butt portion. Is that right?

My current saddle is 6.5" across, and I'm thinking that's a contributing factor to never knowing if I'm sitting right - because I don't have appropriate support?

:confused: ?!?:confused:

So ~ what's your size, and what saddle & width are you riding?

CatGirl
06-07-2006, 03:19 AM
mimitabby, thanks. I haven't tried it. I did buy the Koobi Classic Gel and ....I LOVE IT! :)