PDA

View Full Version : First Mountain Bike Ride in 10 Years!

Veronica
08-07-2003, 08:18 PM
Last night I let the local club guys convince me to go mountain bike in the regional park. It's their regular Wed. night routine and I had been toying around with the idea of joining them for awhile. We used to ride off road about ten years ago. I never really got into it and so we put slicks on our mountain bikes and rode them on the road. So now that I'm stronger and a little more confident I decided to give this off road thing a try. Plus Irulan always looks llike she's having so much fun!

What a blast! We stayed on the fire roads. The pic shows a bunch of the guys climbing up some single track. The big bump in the background is Mount Diablo. I had such a good time that I'm going to start joining them on a weekly basis. When I make it up the wicked large hill we climbed without walking I'll get them to take my picture. :D

Veronica

http://www.tandemhearts.com/delta-ped-mtb.jpg

hibiscus09
08-08-2003, 03:41 AM
Cool pic! Looks like lots of exercise. :D

Grasshopper
08-08-2003, 04:11 AM
wow! Very cool place to ride!! Oh, and that's a HILL?? I think my definition might need some adjustments...too much time on flat land I guess! haha!

Irulan
08-08-2003, 06:47 AM
coo, there's lots of good MTB riding where you are. I'm a former Danviller girl, ( Monte Vista HS '77) and got married on Mt. Diablo.

Irulan

aka_kim
08-08-2003, 07:55 AM
Irulan, that is so cool! Did the wedding party ride up to the summit before the ceremony? I'd love to have a sunset wedding on the mountain, um, if I had someone to marry.

Veronica, you rock! What trail did you guys ride?

Veronica
08-08-2003, 03:09 PM
Not sure what trail we went out on. We went up a big hill that everyone was calling The Wall. I ended up walking a section in the middle of it. Apparently I had too much air in my tires. I had just put the knobbies back on it. The tires said 35 - 80 psi so I put in 60. I caught up to one of the ride leaders and she looked at my tires and said, "You've got way too much air." I also had trouble actually staying on the trail. I kept looking at all of the loose chunky stuff on the edge and guess where I found myself? In the loose chunky stuff! Duh! You go where you look. With the reduced air and the reminder to myself to look only where I wanted to go I did finish the climb. We descended on the Ridge trail. That was a blast.

Veronica