PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Utah Riders

sulis
04-19-2006, 04:26 AM
Once I'm recovered and the weather clears, I would love to get together with anyone interested for a ride...so we can meet and get to know one another. :D

I'm hoping for a Saturday in May but am also available some weeknights.

So, if your interested please reply to the post with:

1. Where you are located
2. How far you are willing to travel from home to meet for a ride (so I can determine a central local for us to meet)
3. What day(s)/time(s) work best for you
4. Any specific dates that you are not available

yellow
04-19-2006, 05:31 AM
1. Where you are located: Salt Lake City, near the U

2. How far you are willing to travel from home to meet for a ride (so I can determine a central local for us to meet): Sandy-ish, Draper if you bribe me

3. What day(s)/time(s) work best for you: I will shortly be on a training "schedule" that will have me riding with a buddy every Saturday. However, I don't see why I couldn't work something in with youse guys at least one of those days. Most evenings would work for me as well.

4. Any specific dates that you are not available: the Cycle Salt Lake Century is May 20, though I have no idea if I'll be doing it (it's a $$ thing).

Thanks for the cat herding, sulis. I hope it works out!

AuntieK
04-19-2006, 07:18 AM
Hi Sulis,
I haven't been around much lately, so I didn't know you were injured (or sick?). Hope you're feeling better soon!
Glad you're trying to get us all together!

Here's my info:
1. Where you are located
Orem

2. How far you are willing to travel from home to meet for a ride (so I can determine a central local for us to meet)
I would be willing to come to Salt Lake.

3. What day(s)/time(s) work best for you
Saturdays are usually best for me (hmmm...but looks like maybe not in May :o ), any time of day would work. Could possibly arrange a weekday if given enough notice.

4. Any specific dates that you are not available
I'll be racing on May 6 and 27, and need to be at a dance recital on May 13. Morning of May 20 is also unavailable, but could go in PM on that day.

Kris

yellow
04-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Let us not rule out April 29! My calendar is blank for that day.

sulis
04-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Sadly April 29th is too soon. I have to be a good girl and limit my activity on my knee for at least 2 weeks. (Patience is not one of my many virtues)
But...if that day works well for the rest of you, please feel free to gather. Perhaps I'll come to where you are gathering just to say hi. :rolleyes:

Lifesgreat
04-19-2006, 08:06 PM
1. I am located in Orem
2. SLC
3. Daytime, but I have to be home by 2 pm. W, Th or F evenings may work too, depends on the date. Saturdays are pretty much out unless I have a lot of notice.
4. Can't until after the 24th ( I am in sunny, warm CA :rolleyes:) and then can't on the 29th.

sulis
04-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Well arn't we just a bunch of busy bees. :D

Based on your responses, I'm thinking something in the Sandy area since its close to half way between SL and orem. And I happen to live there so I know some good rides.

This weekend will be the big test for me. I will do my first ride in over 2 weeks and see how my knee responds. Hopefully well because this gorgeous weather is mocking me with its beautiful sunshine, calm winds, chirping birds. So after that, I'll let you know how it goes and we can go from there.

Lifesgreat
04-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the cat herding, sulis. I hope it works out!

Meow. :p

My May Saturday schedule: 6th-maybe, 13-no, 20-probably not, 27- no.

sulis
04-28-2006, 05:04 AM
Meow. :p

My May Saturday schedule: 6th-maybe, 13-no, 20-probably not, 27- no.

Yeah...Saturdays in May are looking crazy for me.
6th - Hope to go to the WWC clinic
20th - Racing the Women's Tri - Are you going to be there Karen?

Lifesgreat
04-28-2006, 05:35 AM
20th - Racing the Women's Tri - Are you going to be there Karen?

I don't know yet. DD has a state orchestra competition that day and I am not sure of the time yet. I am hoping, but won't know until the conductor finds out what time they are performing.

Avocet
05-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Hey guys
I'm in SLC too - sugarhouse- I'd love to meet up with you guys. Looks like everyone is kinda busy. Me too - next week evenings are out for me as I travel for work. This weekend would work on Saturday (sunday I have a 75 mile ride planned - I'm riding my first century on June 3 - little red riding hood) the 14th or 15th would work or evenings between the 8th - 13th. Sandy sounds like a good location. This is probably going to be difficult to schedule!:)

avocet

sulis
05-11-2006, 04:33 AM
Welcome Avocet, nice to meet you.

Ladies I really have not dropped the ball on this. Still nursing the knee and not quite upt to the ride level I need to be to ride. But its getting there, slowly but surely. I'll post some potential dates in a few weeks. In the mean time if there is anyone that is going riding, feel free to post when and where so anyone who is available can join you if they want to.

Happy riding all! :cool:

yellow
05-11-2006, 05:32 AM
sulis!

Sorry about your knee. :( But better more healed than riding on it and prolonging the healing.

Since we're close to June, my schedule for Saturdays is open except for the 3rd, which is LRRH.

Anyone doing the Cycle Salt Lake Century? I plan to be at that one.