PDA

View Full Version : Ever Been to Cancun??

Running Mommy
04-18-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm up to my tricks again... I'm looking at the 70.3 series in Cancun on Sept 17th. Looks like it could be a fun race. I'm just wondering how the terrain is out there? Anyone ever been, even for a visit? I couldn't find a course profile, and I'm a hill weenie...
Not that Tony would let me even consider this race..... But I'm just thinkin'....;)
Boy howdy I could spend a ton of $$$$ racing... There are some great ones out there.

mommelisa
04-18-2006, 11:33 AM
Nope, never been there... BUT - dh and I just bought a timeshare down there... Think Sept 17th is too close to IMFL for me to do a 1/2? Wouldn't that be fun - I think the place we got sleeps 6 adults!

KSH
04-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Yep.

Cancun is VERY HOT... and HUMID!

You just ooze sweat standing in the shade. You would really need to be trained in that kind of swealtering heat to be able to compete in it... I think.

I honestly can't imagine doing anything that physical in Cancun because of the heat... and I LOVE the heat (I live in Dallas, TX, it's 95F today.).

Running Mommy
04-18-2006, 01:08 PM
hmmm so alot of "heat of the day" training would be in order huh? And by that I mean Phoenix on a July day... It only hit's about 115 at mid day...:eek:
Maybe I'll rethink that. I don't mind heat, but I HATE humidity.... DANG! And I saw a vaca-race opportunity ripe for the picking...:cool:

Nanci
04-18-2006, 03:35 PM
I've been close to there, in August (Tulum.) It's no worse than here. Flat, as far as I can remember. It's a sand spit!

Nanci

Lise
04-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Subliminal message:Take me with you. You need a health care professional on your staff. Never mind that you're not pregnant.

Ahem. No, I've never been to Cancun. What a fascinating idea!

KSH
04-19-2006, 06:08 AM
Maybe I'll rethink that. I don't mind heat, but I HATE humidity.... DANG! And I saw a vaca-race opportunity ripe for the picking...:cool:

Yea. I warned my boyfriend before we went about the humidity and how he needed to take 2-3 outfits for each day... because he was going to sweat.

After we got there... and he was sitting in the open aired dining room with sweat pooring down his body... he understood why.

The humidity is thick. You are from a "dry" heat state... and we are from a humid state... and we think it's humid. :)

But, it's beautiful... and I love laying on the beach and playing in the surf.

Lise
04-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Yea. I warned my boyfriend before we went about the humidity and how he needed to take 2-3 outfits for each day... because he was going to sweat.

After we got there... and he was sitting in the open aired dining room with sweat pooring down his body... he understood why.

The humidity is thick. You are from a "dry" heat state... and we are from a humid state... and we think it's humid. :)

But, it's beautiful... and I love laying on the beach and playing in the surf.

I spent some time in Jamaica in July one year. Working at a hospital, wearing scrubs that are 50/50 cotton/poly. I have never sweated so much in my life. It was amazing. Pouring down my body is right. I felt like I couldn't drink fast enough to replace it.